Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
print file
Thanks Steve I can appreciate _PrintImage will be the only way I can get color text to my printer but here is my dilemma - one of the routines in my program works with the absolute value of the marginal change of events. To my screen I can print the results and easily see if a marginal change was negative because that value is printed to the screen in red, similarly a positive marginal change is in green. The report of these values to my screen can be multiple pages so you can't really see the whole picture of red,green or black (no marg change) values. However, if you print the results to a printer, I will get multiple pages and can see all the values at once but the color scheme is lost. 

If my formulas didn't need to work with the absolute value of the change then I could just use the negative sign in the paper printout as a sub for red but this change in the formula comes with unexpected results. At the moment I'm displaying results in screen 0 which is ideal for Lprint

Red, green and black really make the results pop so I'm going to work with _PrintImage. Thanks everyone for kicking this around.
Concerning Lprint I have always wondered why:

Code: (Select All)
Open "LPT1:" For Output As #1
does not work for LPT2: and LPT3: either.

so, therefore if I have 3 printers installed, which printer does Lprint goto??

or how do I point Lprint to LPT2:

Erik.

My other question was if the following is needed:

Code: (Select All)
_ControlChr On
LPrint Chr$(12);
_ControlChr Off

to send formfeed ascii control character to the printer..