Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Total Eclipse
Is anyone else in the path for the total eclipse?

My location is getting 3 minutes and 38 seconds of totality. I can just now see the sun getting bit by the moon.

Woohoo!
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
we are in path ohio too, closer to cleveland and lake erie i think than you.

here it is supposed to take place over 3 hours did i hear? and good 15+ minutes in total eclipse of sun.

hospice for my mother is closed in afternoon for fear of traffic problems.
b = b + ...
I'm in the path for it. I don't know how long the totality will be. It's supposedly at its maximum at 3:07 ET
Tread on those who tread on you

(04-08-2024, 05:10 PM)bplus Wrote: we are in path ohio too, closer to cleveland and lake erie i think than you.

here it is supposed to take place over 3 hours did i hear? and good 15+ minutes in total eclipse of sun.

hospice for my mother is closed in afternoon for fear of traffic problems.
Yeah, people from out of town/state are starting to gather at the local fairgrounds. Traffic was fairly heavy when I was out an hour ago. I'm about 20 minutes from Lake Erie, 30 miles East of Toledo. Clear skies, 70 degrees, it's like the heavens opened up just for this event. Was raining this morning and supposed to rain again tonight. Skies opening up for perfect timing.

Crazy thing, my location is at the crosshairs for the 2099 eclipse too. I don't think I'll be viewing that one though, not from the ground at least.

(04-08-2024, 05:13 PM)SpriggsySpriggs Wrote: I'm in the path for it. I don't know how long the totality will be. It's supposedly at its maximum at 3:07 ET
Are you in Ohio or Indiana? That's damn close to my maximum at 3:11.
QB64 Tutorial
that's right i looked out this morning and would have bet it would be too cloudy today,

nope, not only did clouds clear away but temp was 68 last time i looked.
b = b + ...
I am in Indiana. Southern Indiana, to be more precise.

Correction, according to NASA's eclipse tracker I won't be able to see the moon biting the sun for another 45 minutes. I just went out and looked again and it sure does look like the lower right of the sun has a sliver missing, hmm.

NASA's tracker:

https://eclipse-explorer.smce.nasa.gov/

Enter your ZIP code

(04-08-2024, 05:20 PM)SpriggsySpriggs Wrote: I am in Indiana. Southern Indiana, to be more precise.
Ah, that's why the times are so close then.
QB64 Tutorial
Yep. I'm supposed to start seeing action at 1:49 or something, supposedly.

I'm going to try my best to capture a timelapse of the solar eclipse today. We'll see how it turns out. I don't have my gimbal with me (ARGH! FORGOT!) but I can still just put it on my stand and hope for the best.

I bought me a little viewing lens for my phone to take photos of the eclipse so hopefully it works well. Not sure how it will turn out.

ok you made me look, still fireball sun for me
b = b + ...