Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average
thread ratings
i am curious about thread ratings, yesterday i noticed terry's tut update got a 5 star thread rating and wonder why?
b = b + ...
Someone clicked it and rated it 5 stars.  Since 99.99987% of people never bother to rate a thread, I'd guess it has 1 rating for 5-stars, ergo a 5-star average, which is what the forum displays.

To test it, I just rated this thread 2 stars.   Now, go in and rate yourself 5 stars and see how many it displays.  I'm guessing it'll average those out and this will then become a 3.5 star thread.  (Maybe 3?  Maybe 4?  Does it round up/down, or not at all??  I dunno!)
not sure where to rate thread, tryed from first post and got red messaged = no

oh it says, sorry you can't rate your own thread, when i click the stars at top by thread rating.

yes it averages stars, sorry terry Big Grin
b = b + ...
(04-11-2024, 05:32 PM)bplus Wrote: not sure where to rate thread, tryed from first post and got red messaged = no

oh it says, sorry you can't rate your own thread, when i click the stars at top by thread rating.

I just rated this thread 5 stars.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
One thing about the thread ratings, it is easy to accidently rate a thread higher or lower than you meant to, and then, as far as I know, you cannot change your rating. Unfortunately, I have done that (rating it lower accidently, then not being able to correct it).
(04-11-2024, 07:34 PM)Tim Wrote: One thing about the thread ratings, it is easy to accidently rate a thread higher or lower than you meant to, and then, as far as I know, you cannot change your rating. Unfortunately, I have done that (rating it lower accidently, then not being able to correct it).

Confirmed, you can't change your rating of a thread. @Tim it WAS on 5 before i tested how what my rating might do; it is why i apologized terry but i did give him a rep point recently so don't feel terrible. ;-))

BTW it shows stats: 3 votes on that thread.
b = b + ...
(04-11-2024, 05:32 PM)bplus Wrote: not sure where to rate thread, tryed from first post and got red messaged = no

Same here - red error message appeared then disappeared in the top right of the page...
This thread has a score of four. I'm going to give it a 1 and see if that changes it, and by how much. As is sometimes pointed out, you can't always tell what the result of an experiment will be unless you try it.

Now, having come back, it's now at 3 stars. And I can't vote again, which makes sense.
While 1
   Fix Bugs
   report all bugs fixed
   receive bug report
end while
I've never looked at thread ratings, though I've seen them. But now they've been mentioned, maybe I'll pay more attention to them.
But if they're intended to indicate the quality of the thread, would it be more useful if this showed on the list of Todays Posts, or 
Recent Posts, so we can prioritize our "surfing" better?
Of all the places on Earth, and all the planets in the Universe, I'd rather live here (Perth, W.A.) Big Grin
Please visit my Website at: http://oldendayskids.blogspot.com/
I SLEEP on sheets with a very high thread count, but I don't give a sheet what their thread rating is!

Pete Big Grin