Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My first real QB64PE game is up.
Hello everyone!

My first serious project, a game, is now up and available on Itch.io

https://delsusgaming.itch.io/island-survival-rpg

The game is in French for now. I haven't shared the code, as it is full of bad practices, but for my next project, I will share the code as I have now learnt many new things.

Just by playing it you will easily understand what kind of code it is.

Feel free to test it, it has this nostalgic text game feeling.

Any feedback is of course welcome!

Have a nice day!
Hi Delsus. I tried to play your game, mais ca ne marche pas pour moi. I get a "fatal GLUT error: Out of Memory" when I try to run it. I'm on a newer Mac. Also you did include your code in the download fyi. Nearly 10,000 lines of code!
Hello!

I actually left the .bas in it, indeed (You can see how big it is and how weird it's built)

I removed it from the archive now.

I haven't tried on other platforms, unfortunately. It's only for Windows, and in a resolution of 1920x1280.

If you have any tips on how to make it work on other platforms, please let me now.
(04-17-2024, 04:57 PM)Delsus Wrote: Hello!

I actually left the .bas in it, indeed (You can see how big it is and how weird it's built)

I removed it from the archive now.

I haven't tried on other platforms, unfortunately. It's only for Windows, and in a resolution of 1920x1280.

If you have any tips on how to make it work on other platforms, please let me now.
You should leave the code included. Many, including myself, will not run a pre-compiled .EXE but instead examine the code and compile. Pre-compiled .EXE files may contain malware, either intentionally, or because the system the .EXE was compiled on is compromised.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
I removed the code from the Itch.io archive.

I am then re-adding it here in that case, for learning purposes (even if I'm a bit ashamed of it)

Edit : I will put the new code in the first post, and will update it there from time to time, at the same time as the itch.io page
If I spoke one bit of French, I might be able to understand things better with this.  As it is, it's almost like it's in a foreign language or something to me!  Big Grin
I am using Windows 7, 64 bit, 8 GB ram, 2.7 GB Intel processor, with a resolution of 1920x1080. I get several invalid unhandled error/invalid handle popup messages, which I skip through, before it starts. It does start right up after compiling. Of course, I can't read much French, so it's all Greek to me. I would be interested in an English version. Smile
By the way, congratulations. That is quite an accomplishment. Be proud.
Thank you for your kind words, @Tim.

Do you receive error/invalid handle popup messages when only trying the code without the sound/image files or because I didn't specify a path for them?

They usually appear when the program is launched in the same folder.
I moved the program away from any related folders and launched the executable from there. I do have to hit the enter or escape button to get the opening dialogue. The error codes then pop up -- #258 for lines 9810, 9811, 9824, and 9825. I had to cycle thru them twice before what seems to be the main program page comes up (the page where one of the choices is 24, which my French was just good enough to decipher as "exit program"). I do not know enough to fully answer your question on the other stuff.