Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Space Explorer
(04-28-2024, 08:26 PM)a740g Wrote: @GareBear what @bplus said & if you are like me (i.e. little paranoid about deleting files), then you can replace the "load_" functions with following. These are cleaner and does not need temp files.

Code: (Select All)
FUNCTION load_gfx& (mfi)

SEEK #mfi, mfi_o(mfi_index)
    load_gfx& = _LOADIMAGE(INPUT$(mfi_s(mfi_index), mfi), 32, "memory")

mfi_index = mfi_index + 1

END FUNCTION

FUNCTION load_sfx& (mfi)

SEEK #mfi, mfi_o(mfi_index)
    load_sfx& = _SNDOPEN(INPUT$(mfi_s(mfi_index), mfi), "memory")

mfi_index = mfi_index + 1

END FUNCTION

Caution: This only works with PE. Not with QB64 and the other fork.
The compiler treats it the same as originally written. It gives the same error message number 63. 'Bad Record Number'.
Thank you for trying.
It should still have generated an .exe file, that error is at runtime.  So just move the resource.mfi to wherever the .exe was created, and run the .exe.
I'd make certain the "Output EXE to Source Folder" option was toggled on, and see if that corrects the issue.
(04-29-2024, 08:56 AM)SMcNeill Wrote: I'd make certain the "Output EXE to Source Folder" option was toggled on, and see if that corrects the issue.
It is marked and I made sure it is. Thank you for pointing that out.
(04-29-2024, 07:05 AM)johannhowitzer Wrote: It should still have generated an .exe file, that error is at runtime.  So just move the resource.mfi to wherever the .exe was created, and run the .exe.
Both .bas and .mfi files are in the same folder as the executable file and the IDE and I ran it with F5 and still the same. I have QBPE 3.12.0. Slackware Linux 15.0 with Mate desktop. The way it looks to me, you run Windows. Is there some difference between Windows and Linux in the way a opening a file to cause an 63 error? By the pictures you posted and what you said about the game it sounds like a good game. Thank you helping with what you had done.
I don't know anything about Linux, sorry, never used it.

Regarding the game, let's get some high scores in here.  I wonder how much fuel and cards people can finish the mission with?
(04-30-2024, 09:33 AM)johannhowitzer Wrote: I don't know anything about Linux, sorry, never used it.

Regarding the game, let's get some high scores in here.  I wonder how much fuel and cards people can finish the mission with?
Thank you for giving a try in helping. I thought that you wrote Space Explorer you would have an better perspective on why I could not get the game to run. It looks like a good game to play.
(04-30-2024, 02:11 PM)GareBear Wrote:
(04-30-2024, 09:33 AM)johannhowitzer Wrote: I don't know anything about Linux, sorry, never used it.

Thank you for giving a try in helping. I thought that you wrote Space Explorer you would have an better perspective on why I could not get the game to run. It looks like a good game to play.

might be a good practice exercise to translate Space into a version you can use on mac.

i looked at screen shots and was impressed, read the rules through help and thought just another game with a bunch of rules specially for turning... not really into learning another persons game no matter how good it is, that sucks time away from coding my own stuff and exploring the wonders of life.

BUT! this .mfi ??? wth is that all about? that might be something useful to drag out of johann if he were inclinded to get into it? don't know, johann seems most eager for us to just try game, can't blame him for all the time he obviously spent on it judging by sharp screen shots and the help part of his program that was clear and concise which is why he got +1 from me.
b = b + ...
(04-30-2024, 02:51 PM)bplus Wrote: BUT! this .mfi ??? wth is that all about? that might be something useful to drag out of johann if he were inclinded to get into it? don't know, johann seems most eager for us to just try game, can't blame him for all the time he obviously spent on it judging by sharp screen shots and the help part of his program that was clear and concise which is why he got +1 from me.

Take a look at the old forum, it's already described there.  Angel Big Grin

Multi-File-Index-Programm    "https://qb64forum.alephc.xyz/index.php?topic=2346.msg115719#msg115719"
thanks for link steffan, maybe inspire garebear!

2020 cobalt, no replies? the ungrateful slobs ;-))
b = b + ...