Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
QB64PE Version 3.13 is now released
https://github.com/QB64-Phoenix-Edition/...ag/v3.13.0

Enhancements
#478, #484 - Added support for _NEGATE, _ANDALSO, & _ORELSE Boolean operators. - @a740g, @mkilgore
#468 - Added support for _MOUSEWHEEL on macOS. - @a740g
#475 - Added support for _CLIPBOARDIMAGE on macOS & Linux. - @a740g
Bug Fixes
#468 - Fixed _MOUSEMOVEMENTx behavior on macOS. - @a740g
#470 - Fixed an issue where the IDE would lock up if the source code had too many DATA statements on macOS. - @a740g
#473 - Fixed the "Export As" menu state in the IDE. - @RhoSigma-QB64
#474 - Fixed the GLUT thread to redraw at an accurate 60 FPS. - @mkilgore
#476 - Fixed an issue on Windows where special keys were monitored even when the window was not in focus. - @a740g
#477 - Fixed the IDE to open the GUI file dialog when Ctrl+S was pressed and GUI Dialogs were enabled. - @a740g
#480, #487 - Fixed mono-mode font rendering and quality issues, and corrected font width calculations when loading monospaced fonts. - @a740g
#481 - Fixed an issue that would cause LLVM-MinGW to incorrectly generate Windows GUI applications when $CONSOLE was used. - @a740g
#484 - Fixed macOS startup script bugs. - @tothebin
#485 - Fixed various wiki issues. - @RhoSigma-QB64
#486 - Fixed an issue where the IDE was reporting an incorrect error. - @SteveMcNeill
Other Fixes
#467, #483 - Corrected multiple typos in the source code. - @RainRat
Full Changelog: v3.12.0...v3.13.0

Steve Note:  For all those who were seeing issues with the font rendering with the last version, you might want to grab a copy of this version and test things out.  I *think* the issue with those faded/blurred fonts has now been fixed and should no longer be an issue for anyone.  To me, that makes this version one which I'd almost consider to be an "essential update" for folks to grab and make use of.  Wink
Oooh, baby, as a Mac user I've been waiting for this one! Thanks, dev team. You all rock!  Smile
Awesome! I see some new contributing names in there too, excellent.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
(05-01-2024, 07:04 PM)NakedApe Wrote: Oooh, baby, as a Mac user I've been waiting for this one! Thanks, dev team. You all rock!  Smile
Let me know if that demo I made for you works this time.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
Yes, Terry, it works perfectly now. Thanks for that! And... I have a question for you that I just posted in that other thread "Another Mouse Issue" about the mouse input update loop. Clearly your work is never done here.  Big Grin
Yay, can't wait to see what other code I've got that's broken.
Tread on those who tread on you

Thanks for 3.13... Smile
May your journey be free of incident. Live long and prosper.
Way back in 3.8.0 I wrote a little program to assist in re-compile my bas sources using a new release of QB64pe.
It still works fine, and free for all to use.

Follow old form link:
https://qb64phoenix.com/forum/showthread...3#pid16853
I just got v3.13 up and running the Display of Monospaced Lucon pixel height @18 is clear and sharp and evenly printed, better? than ever.

Thanks developers once again for your diligence in keeping QB64 alive and well maintained and growing! Smile
b = b + ...
(05-01-2024, 06:58 PM)SMcNeill Wrote: https://github.com/QB64-Phoenix-Edition/...ag/v3.13.0

Enhancements
#478, #484 - Added support for _NEGATE, _ANDALSO, & _ORELSE Boolean operators. - @a740g, @mkilgore
#468 - Added support for _MOUSEWHEEL on macOS. - @a740g
#475 - Added support for _CLIPBOARDIMAGE on macOS & Linux. - @a740g
Bug Fixes
#468 - Fixed _MOUSEMOVEMENTx behavior on macOS. - @a740g
#470 - Fixed an issue where the IDE would lock up if the source code had too many DATA statements on macOS. - @a740g
#473 - Fixed the "Export As" menu state in the IDE. - @RhoSigma-QB64
#474 - Fixed the GLUT thread to redraw at an accurate 60 FPS. - @mkilgore
#476 - Fixed an issue on Windows where special keys were monitored even when the window was not in focus. - @a740g
#477 - Fixed the IDE to open the GUI file dialog when Ctrl+S was pressed and GUI Dialogs were enabled. - @a740g
#480, #487 - Fixed mono-mode font rendering and quality issues, and corrected font width calculations when loading monospaced fonts. - @a740g
#481 - Fixed an issue that would cause LLVM-MinGW to incorrectly generate Windows GUI applications when $CONSOLE was used. - @a740g
#484 - Fixed macOS startup script bugs. - @tothebin
#485 - Fixed various wiki issues. - @RhoSigma-QB64
#486 - Fixed an issue where the IDE was reporting an incorrect error. - @SteveMcNeill
Other Fixes
#467, #483 - Corrected multiple typos in the source code. - @RainRat
Full Changelog: v3.12.0...v3.13.0

Steve Note:  For all those who were seeing issues with the font rendering with the last version, you might want to grab a copy of this version and test things out.  I *think* the issue with those faded/blurred fonts has now been fixed and should no longer be an issue for anyone.  To me, that makes this version one which I'd almost consider to be an "essential update" for folks to grab and make use of.  Wink

I've updated to 3.13, and found that all of my progs that were written pre- update now render differently. The font-size seems to be different, although my monospace font is the same, my virtual window is the same. I can re-adjust my text to make it fit, but then it won't fit the 3.12 version.  Huh
Of all the places on Earth, and all the planets in the Universe, I'd rather live here (Perth, W.A.) Big Grin
Please visit my Website at: http://oldendayskids.blogspot.com/