• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odd behavior with Search -> Change window
To recreate the bug:

Type in some code in the IDE.

Press ALT-F3 to bring up the Change window

Type something that exists in the code into the Find What: field

Type something to change it to into the Change To: field

press ALT-C to do change all

A message box appears telling you how many substitutions were made.

Press ENTER to remove the message box.

-- The message box did not get removed, the ENTER key was seen by the window underneath.
-- Now the message box reads "match not found" but the window underneath has closed.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
is that from latest version, 3.13 ?
b = b + ...
(05-08-2024, 10:57 PM)bplus Wrote: is that from latest version, 3.13 ?

Nope, that was from 3.12.0 but I just tested it on 3.13.0 and the same thing.
QB64 Tutorial
I was able to recreate this original QB64 v2.0.2 (QB64Team). So, I am guessing we have had this issue forever.

[Image: Screenshot-2024-05-09-083124.png]
(05-09-2024, 03:03 AM)a740g Wrote: I was able to recreate this original QB64 v2.0.2 (QB64Team). So, I am guessing we have had this issue forever.

[Image: Screenshot-2024-05-09-083124.png]
Crazy that it goes that far back. I use the change feature all the time and never noticed it until now.
QB64 Tutorial
The "error" only occurs when using Alt-F3 or Alt-C, or just the keyboard (Alt-S and keyboard only).
The error does not occur with Alt-S, keyboard then mouse, or just mouse. The problem lies in keyboard usage.
yes i never noticed this but i am mouser most always, i don't even know half the shortcut key and key combos, except alt+F4 ;-))
b = b + ...
(05-09-2024, 04:21 PM)bplus Wrote: yes i never noticed this but i am mouser most always, i don't even know half the shortcut key and key combos, except alt+F4 ;-))
I never noticed it and I avoid the mouse at all costs when using the QB64 IDE. I've been using keyboard shortcuts since the QB4.5 IDE days so I'm a creature of habit.
QB64 Tutorial
(05-09-2024, 04:28 PM)TerryRitchie Wrote:
(05-09-2024, 04:21 PM)bplus Wrote: yes i never noticed this but i am mouser most always, i don't even know half the shortcut key and key combos, except alt+F4 ;-))
I never noticed it and I avoid the mouse at all costs when using the QB64 IDE. I've been using keyboard shortcuts since the QB4.5 IDE days so I'm a creature of habit.

we are all creatures of habit, they are our best friends and get us through day 90% unconscious and worst enemies why am i always looking for sugary desert after dinner? ;-)) good book is Power of Habits, also there is Atomic Habits and Tiny Habits that people talk about in my circles of internet usage (another obsessive habit).
b = b + ...