Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A preview of a new QB64 option
This is cool! Will there be a command line option for losers like me that use a different IDE?
(05-02-2022, 10:17 AM)crumpets Wrote: This is cool! Will there be a command line option for losers like me that use a different IDE?

Not at the moment, but maybe in a future update.  To be honest, I don't even know what all our current command line options are.  You could probably make a really simple batch file for the process however:

compile bas file
execute new exe, wait for return from shell
Delete new exe before close
(05-02-2022, 10:23 AM)SMcNeill Wrote:
(05-02-2022, 10:17 AM)crumpets Wrote: This is cool! Will there be a command line option for losers like me that use a different IDE?

Not at the moment, but maybe in a future update.  To be honest, I don't even know what all our current command line options are.  You could probably make a really simple batch file for the process however:

compile bas file

Yeah that's what I currently have going, I understand if you feel adding as a command line option isn't worth it. As far as I'm aware there are two options for QB64 in the command line, -c compiles a file and -x does the same but outputs the results through the terminal instead of creating a new window of its own. I find -x of most use as it outputs the results of compilation straight into the terminal built into the IDE I use.
(05-04-2022, 11:39 AM)crumpets Wrote:
(05-02-2022, 10:23 AM)SMcNeill Wrote:

compile bas file

Yeah that's what I currently have going, I understand if you feel adding as a command line option isn't worth it. As far as I'm aware there are two options for QB64 in the command line, -c compiles a file and -x does the same but outputs the results through the terminal instead of creating a new window of its own. I find -x of most use as it outputs the results of compilation straight into the terminal built into the IDE I use.

I don't know all the details but there's actually more than a few different options, `qb64 -?` will show you them. Most of them don't seem particular interesting though, I think they were put in for fairly specific use-cases.