Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple GUI
here is a gui made only with freebasic commands. it would be nice to adapt the code to qb64 :

https://www.freebasic-portal.de/download...i-356.html
A man with a mission, maybe not Impossible, "Good luck, Jim" ;-))
b = b + ...
(04-30-2022, 05:52 PM)bplus Wrote: A man with a mission, maybe not Impossible, "Good luck, Jim" ;-))

Isn't this what INFORM was all about?
this is windows only ...look into source code
I use this a lot for quick and dirty GUI coding in Freebasic. I have even rewritten it to use shorter GUI keywords. But it has a major drawback in that it does not register the main window. I'm not sure why, but I understand that this is considered unsafe. In practice, I've not found it to be a problem, but what is going on in the background.....

If someone more knowledgeable than myself could resolve this, the library is very useful.
it would take someone very motivated to adapt this code to qb64. i could have done it but i really don't have the time. that's why i quoted this library in this post. qb64 on linux lacks a simple gui. it doesn't have to be heavy, just the necessary with window display, some widgets, input fields, management of different size fonts. this would be an additional advantage for qb64
Doesn't INFORM work on Linux? I was pretty certain it was cross-platform compatible.
No InForm was Windows only, don't know why perhaps API calls.
b = b + ...
InForm was not Windows only bplus.
Can you show us then Inform example which work on linux