Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Searching sateliet calculating position program.
Hello every one.

I am a new member and searching a QB64 program that calculates the position of a group of satelites.
Because i am a hamradio amateur and interested in making contact with special designed hamradio satelites.
The programs i already have are too old and not working after year 2000 and because of that i do this request.
In that program i can put (so called) nasa/kepler parameters and some information of me. Then the program can predict the position of the/a satelite.
And yes, there are already beautifull programs, but i need a QB64 version. I can extend that QB64 program with routines for calculating
my antenne positions and control the antenne rotors.

Thanks in advance,

Rudi59
You could post one of your latest QuickBASIC (I assume) programs and we could help find what isn't being supported,but my concern is it will come down to port support. That was a difficult enough issue back in the QBasic days, often needing a support installation like PortTalk to get the robotics to function. Since that times, those lovable bloakes at MicroSucks have, in the name of your security, made it very difficult to work with ports. I mean one way around this is to find a vendor who will build you a custom system with Win95 or Win98 OS installed. 

Well, there may be something our developers have cooked up. They're always up to something that doesn't involve SCREEN 0, why I don't know, but hopefully you will get a few more responses to this thread. For me, as long as I can still rub 2 'Hello World' programs together and start a fire, I'm happy.

Pete
Fake News + Phony Politicians = Real Problems

A quick web search of "program to return satellite position" returns several API's that might return what you need.  There are several members here who may be able to help you with a QB64 program calling the API if you are not able to get it to work.
(09-18-2024, 06:43 PM)Rudi59 Wrote: Hello every one.

I am a new member and searching a QB64 program that calculates the position of a group of satelites.
Because i am a hamradio amateur and interested in making contact with special designed hamradio satelites.
The programs i already have are too old and not working after year 2000 and because of that i do this request.
In that program i can put (so called) nasa/kepler parameters and some information of me. Then the program can predict the position of the/a satelite.
And yes, there are already beautifull programs, but i need a QB64 version. I can extend that QB64 program with routines for calculating
my antenne positions and control the antenne rotors.

Thanks in advance,

Rudi59
Have you tried running your pre-2K programs in a virtual machine with the date set back to pre-2K? If they are DOS based then DOSBOX may be all you need.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial