Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB64 Wiki(pedia)
I found this somewhat interesting (already knew most of the stuff)....

found the links confusing.

Question - who actually edited the Wiki(pedia)?
If this information really matters to you, then simply click the "View history" tab in the upper right of that page. It's somebody who's also a member of this forum.
(05-07-2022, 09:47 PM)RhoSigma Wrote: If this information really matters to you, then simply click the "View history" tab in the upper right of that page. It's somebody who's also a member of this forum.

@RhoSigma - thanks.

The information does not really matter to me - the fact that you replied proves this (I am already in the QB64phoenix forum).

To try to clarify what I was trying to say (referring to the Wiki(pedia) page) - consider what happens when someone (who does not know about QB64phoenix) tries a link in the Wikipedia

What I see in response to accessing the link

My concern is for someone "new" to get a suitable link to get to QB64phoenix.
The other guys out there are all heavily pushing links to their domains, in an attempt to stir traffic their way.  From what I recall, there's us at qb64phoenix.com, qb64.com, qb64.dev, db64-x.com, and a few other such sites out there, all vying for user's attention now that QB64.org has suddenly disappeared. 

Now, us here at https://www.qb64phoenix.com could spend all our time fighting back and forth with them and go rushing around the web trying to point every possible link out there to ourselves..  Or, we can just let them be them, fight amongst themselves, and focus our efforts on moving forward and trust in the fact that if this many members of the community have managed to find us already, others will in time as well.

Currently, we're the only guys with a working -- and updating -- wiki.  We have the only actual forums that I know of, up and going already, with over 100 members joining us here.  We've already pushed out two updates to the repo, and should be pushing out our third version -- version 0.6 of the Phoenix Edition -- real soon(tm).

Let others fight over links to wherever.  We'll actually focus on accomplishing things, rather than just trying to direct traffic to a site which -- in the end -- just ends up directing back to our content anyway.  

Everyone else is making pretty homepages.  We're making QB64 itself.   

I think in the end, that's the only real distinction we need to bring people to us over all the other guys.  Wink
Well said! Live and let live, and others will join you. I know I for one have learned more, and been able to associate more, with this forum than any other I have visited.