Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP!!!
Help!!!
I've found this morning that I can't produce ANY new QB64 programs. When I write one, as simple as SCREEN 12 : PRINT "OK": STOP, I get an error "C++ compilation failed".
I can re-compile and run all my previous progs, even after making changes to them, but no new ones  . What the...?  Huh
(I know this is headed as HELP, and should possibly be in the Help Me post, but it seems more related to QB64 questions, to me).
What's the error message look like when you click the link for the C++ Comp failure?

The only thing I can think of is some sort of permission/folder issue. Do you have permissions to read/write to the default folder for QB64? Was it a USB drive that got ejected from the PC? Without some extra info to go on, I'm not certain how much help we can be debugging this issue.
In addition to what Steve has said, it would also be useful if you posted the contents (if any) of the `./internal/temp/compilelog.txt`file from your QB64 instance. If there is more than one `./internal/temp*` folder then just post that file from all of them.
@PhilOfPerth how are you doing with this? I am worried.

Do you know how to find the compilelog.txt in your QB64 folder?
[Image: path-to-compilelog.png]

My QB64 Folder starts in DownLoad folder where I keep QB64.exe files, Windows kinda owns the Programs area.
b = b + ...
Thanks for the concern; It turns out I had more problems than I mentioned. Some other progs were not opening properly, or not at all, and I've finally decided to re-install Windows.
I've done thiis, but still need to re-install all my progs.
Be back soon, and thanks.

Edit: All good now. Something messed up my system files I think (possibly me). Thanks, and case closed