Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found a bug in QB64
i found a bug in qb64. if you have in the same location a *.bas file and a directory with the same name. the compilation will fail. example :

file test.bas and directory test
Hi! Can you clarify the directory layout, and whether you were building the executable to the QB64 directory or your source file's directory? If you're saying the directory `./test` and the file `./test.bas` are in the same directory, then I would expect that to cause problems because on Linux the executable name has no extension, meaning the executable name will be `./test`, the same as the existing directory. If that's the issue then I don't think that's really a bug, you have to compile the executable to a location without a conflicting directory name.
Thank you for your answer @DSMan195276. indeed, i made the test to create a directory where there is a file of the same name and it is not possible. i thought that linux knew how to differentiate a directory and a file of the same name. well no. there is another anomaly that i did not report. if the file has in the name the character ', the compilation fails. i do not know if it is the same thing under windows. to see.

note that I still use version 0.5.0 of qb64.
Welcome Smile

> if the file has in the name the character ', the compilation fails.

That does sound odd, I'll have to try it later but I can't think of anything that should cause that to happen. That is a single quote character though so it could be an issue where it's not being escaped and thus screws up the compilation line.

All the logic related to that was basically replaced in `0.7.1` though, so that's probably the first place to start, it could be resolved in the new version just due to the bugged code being removed.
(05-24-2022, 05:13 PM)DSMan195276 Wrote: All the logic related to that was basically replaced in `0.7.1` though, . . .

And where can one find this ominous version? The download link only shows version 0.6.0.  Huh

Completely distraught!  Tongue
I'm not sure what Download link you're referring too, but the best place to find new versions is the GitHub releases page:

https://github.com/QB64-Phoenix-Edition/QB64pe/releases
Forum announcement and link to the github release page is also found here https://qb64phoenix.com/forum/showthread...46#pid2546
I was here: QB64 Phoenix Edition Official Downloads

And on Github, but there I only found version 0.5.0.

Thanks for the links.
The homepage hasn't been updated yet. I'd completely forgotten about it. Many thanks for reminding me. Wink
I have installed it, and it works fine. In moment I can not see a difference to the old-version 2.0.2.

If there is interest I can post the program (screeshot) under Programs with an explanation of what it does.  Wink

I love programs like this!  Big Grin

[Image: QB64-PE-Auszahlungsdauer2022-05-25.jpg]