Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Downloading an attachment problem
I just tried to download a .zip and got this message (attachment) instead

Attached Files Image(s)

can you give the post link?
I was trying to download FROM this site (one of your zips libmath)
you need to be logged in to download attachments
I was logged in - just as I am able to send this message,

And just after sending my message - tried again - A NEW WINDOW popped up, with the page saying I had to login - went back to this screen now and sending you this message NOW (without logging in again)
maybe the moderators can sort out your problem, in the meantime you can download the dll from https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=...gAyfxxqfOX
Hi Richard.

I just successfully clicked the link and downloaded Jack's lib. I noticed when I got to the link he put up yesterday 0 downloads, so your download was not registered.

To be clear, this is the page you accessed? https://qb64phoenix.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=39

Oh, probably this one: https://qb64phoenix.com/forum/showthread...106#pid106

That's the libtommath.zip

Well, I was able to download it, as well. 

I'm on Wndows 10 using Firefox.
Thanks Jack - used your pclound link to get same

I think I will let the moderators sort out my downloading FROM this site by themselves without me asking - (they have a lot of important things to solve now)
@Richard I dug into the settings for this, and it seems as if "guests" aren't allowed to upload or download attachments, but registered members can.

(04-19-2022, 04:26 PM)Richard Wrote: I was logged in - just as I am able to send this message,

And just after sending my message - tried again - A NEW WINDOW popped up, with the page saying I had to login - went back to this screen now and sending you this message NOW (without logging in again)

From what you've said here, if I had to guess, you probably have a browser or extension that runs in a high security mode. (For my iPad, I can run Safari in "Private Mode", for example.) Some of those things can cause wonky reactions from various sites and stuff as they try an keep too tight of a lock on user data and not pass cookies and such information from one page to another. (Hence the need to log in above... You were logged in, posted, and the browser logged you out, so you had to log back in to post again...)

I'm not a big fan of saying "guests can't download", so I'm going to change those permission settings (they won't be able to upload without logging in, but I don't see any reason why they can't download), and that should fix the issue no matter what it was affecting you. If you still can't download from any link in the future, post me another note and I'll try and dig deeper into the issue, but I can't see any reason why anybody wouldn't be able to download attachments now -- regardless of membership levle. Wink