Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiki Registrations Closed
As much as it pains me to do so, guys, I'm afraid that I've got to let everyone know that signing up and becoming a wiki contributor/editor is no longer as easily possible as it used to be.

[Image: image.png]

If you take a moment to click on the preview of the image above, you'll quickly see what the issue is:  Spam bots are happily posting tons of worthless crap on the wiki endlessly.  As quick as we can ban the idiotic things, they swap over to a new account and post something else....   BEEPING spam BEEPERS!!

So registrations are currently closed and the only way to become an editor of the wiki is to now request permissions here, or via our Discord, and make certain that either RhoSigma or I notice your posts.  Accounts are now only created by those with sysop permission, and the only people who has that currently are the two of us.  We're not trying to keep anyone from helping with the wiki, who legitimately wants to help with the wiki -- but we have to stop the bots from having such easy access to the site.

Apologies for any inconvenience, but I think everyone will understand why we've limited the account creation like we have.  Wink
In an several hours long cleaning session, I got finally rid of all the posts from today's spam attack.

The result are 103 blocked users and 81 deleted pages. Fortunately none of our keywords pages were destroyed, as the bots just created new pages and not editing (messing) with existing pages.

So I hope you understand our decision.
I rely a lot on the wiki - very much appreciate your efforts to keep it as current and informative and relative to QB64
It's certainly a jungle out there. Anything you can do to secure the keep is welcome.
DO: LOOP: DO: LOOP
sha_na_na_na_na_na_na_na_na_na: