Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dav IDE
Hi @RNBW.  Good news.  I was able to duplicate the error and correct it. 

Actually the compiles do go through, but the compiled files are called '_avsIDE-TEMPFILE.exe'.  This was odd because that is not the full name of the temp EXE file QB64 should be making.   DavsIDE creates several temp files that look something like this '_$DavsIDE-TEMPFILE....', all leading with "_$".  Apparently the newer QB64 versions didn't like the _$ I used in my temp file names.  I removed all instances of $ in the temp file names and everything seems to be working correctly again.

I will get up a new version ready for you to use.  An update is looooong overue.

Thanks for letting me know about this.

EDIT:  Yes, it's the $ in any filename, not just with my IDE.  The QB64 compiler doesn't like filenames with $ in them.  Save a file called $test.bas and load it in the QB64 IDE, compiler error occurs. 

- Dav

Find my programs here in Dav's QB64 Corner
Hi @Dav
Great to hear that you have found a solution.  Look forward to your update.
It will be a maintenance update mainly to fix a couple serious compiling bugs - the one you found and another one someone else found.  I may put in a couple extra features, code beautifier, etc, the experimental and buggy auto-indent feature that I was working on earlier, etc.  I also need to add about 30 new QB64 commands that the current IDE doesn't recognize.  

- Dav

Find my programs here in Dav's QB64 Corner
(06-05-2022, 03:52 PM)Dav Wrote: EDIT:  Yes, it's the $ in any filename, not just with my IDE.  The QB64 compiler doesn't like filenames with $ in them.  Save a file called $test.bas and load it in the QB64 IDE, compiler error occurs. 

- Dav
So that puts the nail in the coffin.  Your IDE (and QB64) will never be used by any government agency.  It's all about the $'s with them.  Collecting $'s and spending $'s.