Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The entire QB64 Wiki assembled in a pdf file
RNBW : your pdf file is very usefull ! thank's. Great job !
Why not yes ?
(07-04-2022, 10:04 AM)RNBW Wrote: I have completed a major stage of converting the QB64PE Wiki to CHM, PDF and Word. The only section left to be converted is the Keyword by Usage section. I have left the tutorial section as links, but intend to convert these to offline in due course (where it is possible). Of course since I started this exercise, some topics may have been updated (I have noticed some of the QB64PE specific keywords were last edited in late June and there may be more).

The link is https://www.dropbox.com/s/0mc168pm01r7vj...i.zip?dl=0

(07-04-2022, 10:00 PM)bplus Wrote: That's sort of my point, if y'all used the IDE you wouldn't have to worry if the Internet goes down, you'd have help right when and where you would use it.
That's the advantage of a .CHM help file in Windows.  All the information is there in a clear format wherever you are and whether or not you have access to the internet.   Whilst the QB64 Help File reproduces this, I'm not keen on the format and much prefer a .CHM help file.  At the end of the day everybody uses whatever method they prefer.  That's why I am producing the Wiki in .CHM, PDF and Word formats.  I will, in due course produce it in HTML format also.
@Dav
One thing that would be useful on your IDE, particularly since it is unique to Windows, would be the ability to open a .chm help file from the menu.
I would like a configurable button on the commands of QB64 with which I could launch a defined application.
Example: read a CHM file or open a PDF file...
Why not yes ?
I have completed the conversion of the QB64PE Wiki.  I have provided it in the .CHM, PDF and Microsoft Word formats and put the lot in a zip file which can be downloaded from here https://www.dropbox.com/s/0mc168pm01r7vj...i.zip?dl=0.

There are a couple of necessary internet links in the Articles and Tutorials section.  I don't know if I am permitted to include Terry Ritchie's QB64 Games Tutorial (perhaps someone can advise) and the School Freeware tutorial is Youtube.

Also, some parts of the Wiki may have been updated after I completed them.  I will trawl through as soon as I can.

I intend to produce an html version that can be compiled with the Microsoft HTML Compiler in due course.  This will enable anyone interested to update the Wiki in CHM format in the future without my input.

I would like a link to be provided for the CHM file on both the QB64PE IDE and Dav's IDE.  Perhaps consideration could be given.
(07-22-2022, 11:45 PM)JMore Wrote: Where is it?

Download it from the link in Post#25.
Nice work, @RNBW!

- Dav

Find my programs here in Dav's QB64 Corner
(07-23-2022, 10:02 PM)Dav Wrote: Nice work, @RNBW!

- Dav

Thanks @Dav.  Any chance of a link to your IDE?
(07-24-2022, 09:30 AM)RNBW Wrote:

- Dav

Isn't that it under Dav's corner of Prolific Programmers?
b = b + ...
(07-24-2022, 04:45 PM)bplus Wrote:
(07-24-2022, 09:30 AM)RNBW Wrote:

- Dav

Isn't that it under Dav's corner of Prolific Programmers?

Correct, but I didn't see it until after I had posted.