Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The entire QB64 Wiki assembled in a pdf file
It's been a while, and a bit of a slog, but I thought I should post an update of the wiki.  It's not complete yet.  I'm about a quarter of the way down updating the OpenGL section, where most of the info is there but there are links that are incorrect (Microsoft links) and some internet links that I shall be closing.  Also, the link to Terry Ritchie's Game Tutorial is still an internet link, although I have started a conversion.  Just about everything else is complete and, hopefully, up-to-date.

Under Articles and Tutorials, I've also included some additional topics that I have found with links and I can't find anywhere else to put them.  There are links within the Wiki document to them.

The zip file contains a CHM and PDF version of the Wiki as far as I've got.  The zip file can be found here QB64 PE Wiki
(12-13-2022, 03:35 PM)RNBW Wrote: ... where most of the info is there but there are links that are incorrect (Microsoft links) and some internet links that I shall be closing ...

What exactly do you think is incorrect with this? Each link is pointed to the correct pages in the Microsoft Docs. And what's wrong with internet links?
Hi
I think you are misunderstanding what I am saying, or I am not explaining myself well.

To answer your last question.  There is nothing wrong with internet links and where I think they are absolutely necessary I have left them in the document and commented that internet connection is necessary.  However, I did mess up some of these in the OpenGL section with a general copy and paste (the Microsoft links) and some of these are subsequently incorrect and I am working through correcting them.

The reason for carrying out the exercise in the first place was to have an off-line version.  There must be some internet links and I have left them where i think they are absolutely necessary and commented that internet connection is required. 

I know that the IDE has an help file using the Wiki but (and this is my own personal opinion) I don't like it.  I don't find it comfortable to use and that is why I decided to carry out the conversion.

The format of my conversion follows that of many documents I have produced in the past and to this end I use HelpNDoc professional.  I believe the document I have produced is clear and easy to use and reproduces the Wiki faithfully.  It is not intended to replace the Wiki and at the end of the day, if noone wants to use it that is a pesonal choice.  I have produced it for myself anyway, but I'm willing to share if anyone else wants to use it.

I hope this explains what I am tring to do and why.
Oh, your work and efforts are absolutly ok, just was worry about the "incorrect links" phrase. So now it's clear to me, the Wiki links are correct, but you messed them up in your own copy of the Wiki. Yes, I know that "Copy&paste Devil" too Big Grin
(12-13-2022, 03:35 PM)RNBW Wrote: The zip file contains a CHM and PDF version of the Wiki as far as I've got.  The zip file can be found here QB64 PE Wiki

This is GREAT! Thanks!
grymmjack (gj!)
GitHubYouTube | Soundcloud | 16colo.rs
These files are almost a year old now.
Any chance for an updated version, with all new commands included? Smile
They are both very useful!
(10-19-2023, 01:50 PM)zaadstra Wrote: These files are almost a year old now.
It's not likely to happen soon.  I have had operations on both my eyes that makes staring at a computer screen for more than a few minutes impossible.  I don't know how long the condition will last (my advice is a few weeks or a few months - it varies).  If someone else would like to take it over, I would be happy for them to do so. 
I particularly like CHM files because, for my own use (I can't necessarily do this outside my own use for copyright reasons), I combine CHM files and recompile under the original CHM help file name.
Sorry I can't help at the moment.
(10-22-2023, 11:32 AM)RNBW Wrote: These files are almost a year old now.

It's not likely to happen soon.  I have had operations on both my eyes that makes staring at a computer screen for more than a few minutes impossible.  I don't know how long the condition will last (my advice is a few weeks or a few months - it varies).  If someone else would like to take it over, I would be happy for them to do so. 
I particularly like CHM files because, for my own use (I can't necessarily do this outside my own use for copyright reasons), I combine CHM files and recompile under the original CHM help file name.
Sorry I can't help at the moment.
That's no problem, there is no rush here.  Be well soon!