Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BUG? Compile errors with filenames that contain $ in them.
Working with an error in my QB64 IDE, with the help of RNBW, (posted about here) it was discovered the latest version of QB64 won't compile correctly when the .BAS filename has an $ in it.  Previous QB64 versions did compile them, but not v0.6 and newer.

Example, save a file with $ in it, like Money$.bas, it will have a compile error.  Without the $ it will compile.

- Dav

Find my programs here in Dav's QB64 Corner
That's entirely possible, I'll investigate it later Smile It is a little odd that it doesn't work with v0.6.0 though, because the changes that I suspect caused this problem were made in v0.7.0. Either way, I believe it should be solvable, but for the moment if you can I would just avoid the dollar signs.
(06-05-2022, 04:15 PM)DSMan195276 Wrote: That's entirely possible, I'll investigate it later Smile It is a little odd that it doesn't work with v0.6.0 though, because the changes that I suspect caused this problem were made in v0.7.0. Either way, I believe it should be solvable, but for the moment if you can I would just avoid the dollar signs.

Ouch! I have hundreds of files whose name contains $ however, these are included files: I hope it is not a cause of error
I figured it out, I have a PR with the fix here: https://github.com/QB64-Phoenix-Edition/QB64pe/pull/106

If you want to try it out the fixed version you could grab the build from that PR. I anticipate we'll make a v0.8.1 patch release soonish with this fix along with a few others.