Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the apocalypse!
Hi!!

We all worried when there was the change at the top of QB64 and the reassurances were not enough to dispel the doubts...

I'm definitely off topic but try to understand me... I don't know anything about what happened and I can't orient myself... it's gone (almost) everything... and qb64 looks dead (for sure he is dying).

QB64 Phoenix is a fork of QB64... ?

In addition to all this there is also the fact of the language (I do not speak English) which makes everything more difficult

Years of development in QB64 destined to die... is it possible that this is destiny?

Tell me something please and inform me about the situation...

Thank you!

------
I read the presentation of SMcNeill but you know and give for obvious a bunch of things that I do not know.
And if qb64 phonex is a "clone" of qb64 as compatible with the original?
Here in this thread, what happened: https://qb64phoenix.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=99

Like a hydra, cut off one head 7 grow back!
b = b + ...
(06-06-2022, 09:53 PM)bplus Wrote: Here in this thread, what happened: https://qb64phoenix.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=99

Like a hydra, cut off one head 7 grow back!

Thank you BPlus!

They seem incredible things to me... maybe it's COVID's fault (really... because the world has gone crazy and things don't seem to be improving).

In the old project of QB64 there was no talk of intellectual "property" and there was only respect for the work of others. And it was guaranteed that the project would always be free and free...

And to think that I have always appreciated the kindness, patience and welcome received in the forum (lately, however, - and before the revolution - I too had understood that something had broken)...

However, I see that many of the best collaborators of the original project are here: I am very pleased. I hope that others who are no less competent will also come have shown that have proven to be good collaborators willing to help with kind availability.

I will continue to follow you!

____
Sorry for the way of writing... I hope you understand something
I have special respect and appreciation for those who come here to share even if English is not their first language.

Some things are universal in spirit Smile
b = b + ...
(06-07-2022, 11:27 AM)bplus Wrote: I have special respect and appreciation for those who come here to share even if English is not their first language.

Some things are universal in spirit Smile

Smile ... yes! In the Spirit there is the Truth
From what I understand, qb64pe is a themed offshoot of the greater QB64 project. The wider representation for the project is at www.qb64.com. There you'll see there are other QB64 editions, including things compatible for the web. QB64 is far from dead, even if this forum is the same 5 guys reaffirming each other.
" The wider representation for the project is at www.qb64.com. "

I am not seeing all that much at .com. They have ChiaPet's Chess program and Lunar Lander, Colbalt's Zelda (is it finished?) and what else? a bunch of links to other places much like the listings here. Even QBJS "the future of QB64" according to them, is not being actively developed there, no place for it.

IMHO doesn't look much like an active center for QB64.
b = b + ...
The apocalypse is near! 

Until Russia attacked Ukraine, we were all doomed to climate death. Then came Putin and put the nuclear missiles on alert (What a hoot, because the nuclear defense is always on alert). The effect was as desired: nuclear death hysteria!
Ten points for Waldimir.

And he lashed out for the next blow: a hyper-sonic missile. And all hell was let loose!
Ten points for Wladimir.

And now, Omikron is coming in the fall.

This is democracy! You have three options for the apocalypse:
Climate dead
Nuclear death
Omikron

Tongue
(06-08-2022, 03:19 PM)bplus Wrote: " The wider representation for the project is at www.qb64.com. "

I am not seeing all that much at .com. They have ChiaPet's Chess program and Lunar Lander, Colbalt's Zelda (is it finished?) and what else? a bunch of links to other places much like the listings here. Even QBJS "the future of QB64" according to them, is not being actively developed there, no place for it.

IMHO doesn't look much like an active center for QB64.

Someone setting themselves up as the “official” QB64 rep seems weird, especially after what happened last time someone decided the project was theirs. Still, the “representative” version of QB64 will be the one that provides the best experience for users. If they put out a new edition with interesting features later this year, I’m sure plenty of people here will try it out, but right now there’s nothing there.  So the current user either grabs the old 2.02 version, the latest PE update, or they’re like me and are still on 1.5 because they don’t want to rewrite all of their functions
It seems to me that the nefarious behavior transferred from RC to Phoenix. Why reset the version number, and dress things up so the compiler looks nothing like the old one? Why rush non-needed updates during a transition of power?

I won't say how I came to know this, but at least two of the old Team are behind QB64.com. Don't press me for how I know this, however.

Also conspicuously absent from the front page of Phoenix is InForm, along with any of the web representations of QB64 (BAM, QBJS, etc). I belive those guys are looking to enshrine and somewhat maintain InForm at the website while prepresenting QB64 in its fullest form. It feels like a cult around here at phoenix, frankly.