Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wrappers raylib for QB64
Hello. Does raylib work under windows with this Wrappers for QB64 ?

https://github.com/gAndy50/Qb64Wrappers
well. tested in a windows vm. it doesn't work. i was surprised by the slowness of qb64 in this vm. finally, i found a very complete working raylib wrapper with many examples for freebasic.
(06-19-2022, 02:16 PM)Coolman Wrote: well. tested in a windows vm. it doesn't work. i was surprised by the slowness of qb64 in this vm. finally, i found a very complete working raylib wrapper with many examples for freebasic.

Hi Coolman,
You said you was surprised by the slowness of QB64 in your VM.
So, may I ask what is your host system (OS and hardware), what is the VM software you use (Parallels Desktop, VirtualBox, VMware, other) an how much memory you allow to the VM? 
I've tried the three above and I use VMware for over 15 years both on Linux, macOS and Windows since for me this is the one that uses the less RAM and is by far the best performer.
Cheers.
Fifi
Before to send the arrow of truth, dip the head in a honey pot (Cheyenne saying).
Don't tell my Mom I'm on iMac with macOS, she thinks I work on PC with Windows. Tongue
hi @Fifi. under windows i used vmplayer extensively but since i switched to linux (kde neon derive from ubuntu 20.04), i use qemu which i compiled and optimized with virgil 3d. the performance is very good with 3d in addition for most programs. I even have a multiple console emulator batocera in a vm that works very well. during my test of qb64 under windows 7 in qemu (3go of memory), I noticed an inexplicable slowness of the editor and compilation of the programs. qb64 is the only program with this problem in this vm...
(06-25-2022, 11:10 AM)Coolman Wrote: hi @Fifi. under windows i used vmplayer extensively but since i switched to linux (kde neon derive from ubuntu 20.04), i use qemu which i compiled and optimized with virgil 3d. the performance is very good with 3d in addition for most programs. I even have a multiple console emulator batocera in a vm that works very well. during my test of qb64 under windows 7 in qemu (3go of memory), I noticed an inexplicable slowness of the editor and compilation of the programs. qb64 is the only program with this problem in this vm...

Hi Coolman,
I just send you a Private Message.
Before to send the arrow of truth, dip the head in a honey pot (Cheyenne saying).
Don't tell my Mom I'm on iMac with macOS, she thinks I work on PC with Windows. Tongue