Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My new Linux install script for QB64 Phoenix Edition
Lightbulb 
Hello all,

I've updated my multi lingual (English, French, German, Italian, Portugese and Russian) Linux installation script that now install (and can smoothly uninstall) the current version of QB64 Phoenix Edition and InForm 1.3 together.

I'm still working on it to propose making a backup before uninstalling, translating in Ukrainian as well ass other goodies.

You can get my script on my web server here: multi lingual Linux install script

This is why I'd appreciate to be able to automatically downloads a kind of "last stable" release, always at the same place and with the same name (so, no numbering, the date of the file is enough) without being obliged i) to check every day if there is a new build, ii) then to modify the script for each new release in order to propose this script to be officially included in the project.

Then the users would have to only download this small script like it was possible few years ago on ab64.org.

Please let me know what you think?
Cheers.
Fifi
Before to send the arrow of truth, dip the head in a honey pot (Cheyenne saying).
Don't tell my Mom I'm on iMac with macOS, she thinks I work on PC with Windows. Tongue
Hello Fifi,
something is wrong with the script, see screenshot. I'm logged in as root. But "su ./QB64_install.sh" doesn't work either; probably it cannot be installed under WSL2 (without graphics).

One more thing, when the tar file is unpacked on Windows, only "QB64_install" appears without "sh".

The command "tar -xjf QB64_install.tar.bz2" is wrong, "bz2" does not exist after unpacking.

PANDORA:/home/lysandros/temp # tar -xjf QB64_install.tar.bz2
tar (child): QB64_install.tar.bz2: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar (child): Error is not recoverable: exiting now
tar: Child returned status 2
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
PANDORA:/home/lysandros/temp #

Anyway, have a nice Sunday!

[Image: Falschmeldung-2022-06-26-150711.jpg]
QB54 will not work on WSL2 without graphics because QB64 is a graphical application even though it looks like a DOS (console) screen.  To use QB64 in a WSL2 session you will have to enable the ability to run Linux graphical applications.  

Apparently bzip2 is not installed by default on WSL.  To install. open a terminal and enter "sudo apt install bzip2".
Bzip2 is installed - I would have been surprised if not.

lysandros@PANDORA:~> bzip2 --version
bzip2, a block-sorting file compressor. Version 1.0.6, 6-Sept-2010.
Copyright (C) 1996-2010 by Julian Seward.

I also checked again in Yast2, bzip2 is installed.
After unpacking, the *.bz2 extension simply does not exist.
(06-26-2022, 01:22 PM)Kernelpanic Wrote: [Image: Falschmeldung-2022-06-26-150711.jpg]

I think the error line indicates the issue - you don't have the `lsb_release` command. It's odd that it's not installed by default, but you should look up what package to install on your distro to get that command.

Whether that will resolve all your issues, or simply get you to the next one, is hard to say Big Grin

Edit: Actually, it's possible it will work around `lsb_release` being missing, I haven't yet read the script in full. Worth a shot either way though...
I think the error is here, see screenshot.

[Image: Not-in-SUSE.jpg]