Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Microsoft QuickBASIC Programmer's Toolbox
This was a book by someone called John Clark Craig, with a Companion Disk that contained the code for the various routines.

Does anyone know if the disk (or code) is still available?  I've tried eBay, but no joy.  

Good to see many of the old familiar faces here.

Malcolm
Here you can copy the content of the book with all examples and paste it into Word.

MS QuickPBASIC Programmer's Toolbox

The book is available for purchase on Amazon.
Will all the code work in QB64?
Any parts that have since been covered by QB64's added commands?
Knocked out some fraction math routines yesterday and just noticed the fractional math routines in the link, oh bother.
(07-02-2022, 01:53 PM)MWheatley Wrote:
Quote:This was a book by someone called John Clark Craig, with a Companion Disk that contained the code for the various routines.

Does anyone know if the disk (or code) is still available?  I've tried eBay, but no joy.  

Good to see many of the old familiar faces here.

Malcolm

First time trying to use quotes in replies. Thank you so, so much.  I already have the book; what I wanted was to avoid manually typing hundreds of lines of code.

Thank you.

Malcolm

(07-02-2022, 04:50 PM)Kernelpanic Wrote: Here you can copy the content of the book with all examples and paste it into Word.

I have a copy of that book that I bought recently from a seller on Amazon UK (hint - I'm not selling). Thought you should know that it took quite a few weeks to arrive. While my copy is at least like new, it didn't come with the disk. I've looked around but haven't been able to find it in on the net either so it's a case of (Oh Joy [hint sarcasm]) type the code in. FWIW, I also bought a copy of The Waite Group's Microsoft QuickBASIC Bible but it is a lot more expensive and obviously doesn't cover the extra functionality of QB64. On the other hand, it sure goes into QB in depth (940 pages).

TR
(07-04-2022, 08:10 AM)TarotRedhand Wrote: I have a copy of that book that I bought recently from a seller on Amazon UK (hint - I'm not selling). Thought you should know that it took quite a few weeks to arrive. While my copy is at least like new, it didn't come with the disk. I've looked around but haven't been able to find it in on the net either so it's a case of (Oh Joy [hint sarcasm]) type the code in. FWIW, I also bought a copy of The Waite Group's Microsoft QuickBASIC Bible but it is a lot more expensive and obviously doesn't cover the extra functionality of QB64. On the other hand, it sure goes into QB in depth (940 pages).

TR

What KernelPanic's post says is that you don't have to type it in -- you can just copy it straight into an editor, which is what I'll be doing.  Click the link, take a look -- the code is all there.  It's basically the book, online.

I already have the book -- I've had it for some time.  But now I want to use some of the routines.

I have the excellent Waite Group book, too.

Malcolm
(07-02-2022, 04:50 PM)Kernelpanic Wrote: Here you can copy the content of the book with all examples and paste it into Word.

I thought I'd repeat my "thank you!", now that I've found how to use the reply function.  Dunno why I couldn't get it working yesterday.

So thank you: that's going to be an enormous time-saver.

Malcolm
FWIW, if you scroll all the way to the bottom of that web page you will see that, apparently, the code (maybe the text as well, not sure) is released under a M.I.T. license.

TR
(07-09-2022, 06:31 PM)TarotRedhand Wrote: FWIW, if you scroll all the way to the bottom of that web page you will see that, apparently, the code (maybe the text as well, not sure) is released under a M.I.T. license.

TR

Noted.

Malcolm