Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phoenix edition hangs at creation of EXE
[Image: Capture.png]

I have about 50-60 QB4.5 programs. I converted a few programs using QB64 I downloaded circa 2017 without a problem.

I just downloaded the Phoenix edition but it is hanging (both the x86 and x64) when creating the EXE. 

I even tested it out on:   PRINT "HELLO". 

I am running Win 10. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
hello. it seems to be a question of access rights. windows does not like at all the programs installed in its file system. create install the directory of qb64 in your user account...
Did you set it up like this in the editor: Run -> Output EXE to source folder?
Based on the screenshot I'm not really sure what version you're running (`v2.0.2 4d85...` might be the "alpha" PE version, or just a QB64Team dev version). I would recommend downloading the latest Phoenix Edition release `v0.8.2` and see if that fixes your issue:

https://github.com/QB64-Phoenix-Edition/...tag/v0.8.2
I experienced this with a new install two months ago, too. At first I just closed it out in Task Manager, but when I also tried doing a simple hello world program, same hanging results, I just left it alone in in about 10-minutes it finished. After that, no more absurd compiling delays. No clue what the culprit was.

Pete
I think he is still always hanging somewhere.  Dodgy
I was away for a few days...

Thank you for all the replies!

My experience was similar to Pete's.

I did move around the directory structure and then retried the programs. It did take longer than I anticipated to compile but eventually it worked.

On a slightly different note I might be spending a lot of time soon converting all my QB4.5 programs to QB64 and was wondering if this is the correct forum for questions and help.

Thanks again,
A
If you want to post a program in progress or finished program, here would be a good place.

If you need help converting, we have a help sub-forum: https://qb64phoenix.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10

Pretty casual around here, so don't worry about catching any flack about where to post.

BTW - now that your first program compiled, all the others should compile considerably faster.

Pete
If eggs are brain food, Biden has his scrambled.