Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Variable as a reference or value to a function
nope; with strings the brackets don't have a function as with arithmetic (calculus order); so with strings they are just ignored

And in the initial example at the top, it was with numbers and it was actually THE reason for the confusion by TS (but I think nobody noticed so far :-))
45y and 2M lines of MBASIC>BASICA>QBASIC>QBX>QB64 experience
believe it or not, the tip about parenthesis around the arguments that need to be preserved was the clue, even though enclosing the string arguments in parenthesis does not work in QB64, it apparently did work in VB 3, so I simply used temporary variables wherever needed.
(08-08-2022, 03:37 PM)mdijkens Wrote: nope; with strings the brackets don't have a function as with arithmetic (calculus order); so with strings they are just ignored

And in the initial example at the top, it was with numbers and it was actually THE reason for the confusion by TS (but I think nobody noticed so far :-))

This?
Code: (Select All)
Print Using "Eingabe nach Funktionsaufruf: ###"; AlsWert((zahlwert))

Who is TS? =KP? BP needs to know. ;-)) I though KP was putting the () there to attempt passing by val.
But then he failed to change the value in the function LOL this is funny, like Hogans Heroes.
Code: (Select All)
Function AlsWert (eingabe As Integer)

AlsWert = eingabe + 3
End Function
b = b + ...