Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vs GUI Updates - the latest from b+
Hey Ken, got the game just like the On-Line version, just have to pack it up. Sorry no buggy o: 's LOL

Now for the new and improved versions of GUI Waffle and Wordle, see I can win a Wordle now without the word in the upper left corner ;-))

And new zip package

Attached Files
.zip   GUI Waffle fix and Wordle Remake.zip (Size: 567.09 KB / Downloads: 60)
b = b + ...
Awesome job B+! Looks and plays just like it! Smile
Hey Ken, Yes, I liked the results too. But I bet our dictionaries are different! They probably have one more extensive, I am not sure common male and female first names are appropriate also I wonder names of cities around the world? but CLINT sure makes an outstanding 2nd word to guess.
b = b + ...
(07-27-2022, 08:26 PM)bplus Wrote: Here is the GUI Tabulator Interface for Plotting F(x) Project Folder. It needs it's own Folder because the Tabulator reads and writes a couple of files. It needs to be compiled before using the GUI Interface.

Sample plot of (5x-10)(x+3) = 5*X^2 + 5*X -30 roots (y = 0 when x =) 2, -3

Wow nice, this is almost a JB original. 

What about these new mods? are they new versions of word boggle?
"What about these new mods? are they new versions of word boggle?"

Hey @vince, haven't you heard of Wordle? NY Times sponsors a World Game daily puzzle. Waffle is an offshoot inspired by Wordle but more of an unscramble than a Word Guess in 6 tries (as Wordle is).
https://www.nytimes.com/games/wordle/index.html

Today I was stuck!

Tried every letter, until I realized I am a little color blind with green and yellow!

b = b + ...
Oh almost forgot, I have remade the GUI Accounts Tracker. Now except for coding I don't need a calculator!

I am tracking 4 accounts at moment and now I no longer need a Txt Editor to edit my errors.

Update: Today 2022-08-08 it occurred to me how I could get the GUI Accounts Tracker app restarted from the beginning after the user Filed (saved) one account, so they may open another account or quit from main menu. Instead of System to quit, just Run. (Thanks to Terry's comment this morning about CHAIN I was put in mind of RUN.)
I tried this before (but not with Run) and the GUI screen just remained, yeah because MainRouter uses _Display, so this time I added the line _AutoDisplay to get the Screen 0 Main Menu to show! It now works as I wanted it to from the start. You can open all your accounts to edit, add to or just view.

So here is the zip dated with todays date so as not to be confused by yesterday's version with the 2 new lines added and functioning as originally intended.

Update #2: Sorry, I changed the function of the File button but forgot to relabel it GUI Accounts Tracker 2022-08-08B.zip has that now. See below for a Demo screenshot.

Attached Files
.zip   Remake GUI Acct Tracker 2022-08-08B.zip (Size: 1.76 MB / Downloads: 50)
b = b + ...
For those 2 who downloaded the GUI Accounts Tracker app, I have improved upon it and edited the reply above with the new zip.

Thank you for being early testers.
b = b + ...
Well this is embarrassing, I changed the function of the file button but forgot to relabel it. Work with an app long enough and you stop seeing it anew. The zip file above has been updated a 2nd time with these changes.

Here's a screenshot of today's Demo data

I had just copied the highlighted, now I could edit the fields and Replace the line.
b = b + ...
really nice how this GUI project is looking out to be. I wonder if, in all practical sense, it is like, or, if not better, as good as inform? Only way is to try it out, I did actually give inform a real try in a waveform customizing app.

Here is a challenge, B+: remember the easter egg thread? dbox did a QBJS GUI mod, with sliders and all, of the universal egg equation plotter. I remember you were contemplating translating it to JB with its GUI features -- such task should be relatively quick and easy given the JB GUI example code to go off. See how quick and easy is it to do in B+ vs and I'd be interested in it for other waveform plotting -- much like your own graphing calculator
(08-09-2022, 04:51 AM)vince Wrote: really nice how this GUI project is looking out to be.  I wonder if, in all practical sense, it is like, or, if not better, as good as inform?  Only way is to try it out,  I did actually give inform a real try in a waveform customizing app.

Here is a challenge, B+:  remember the easter egg thread?  dbox did a QBJS GUI mod, with sliders and all, of the universal egg equation plotter.  I remember you were contemplating translating it to JB with its GUI features -- such task should be relatively quick and easy given the JB GUI example code to go off.  See how quick and easy is it to do in B+ vs and I'd be interested in it for other waveform plotting -- much like your own graphing calculator

Fellippes had lots of nice refinements like different Fonts for all controls that took a font and multiple control alignments a snazzy Properties Dialogue, I could go on...

The real test for any GUI is how many others can pick up on it and use it. So far no takers here ;(

That is nice challenge @vince I will start work on it today. I have already said sliders are just special case of Picture Box, draw a line and then a little knob where you want it on the line, progress bars are similar. PS that challenge may have been in the back of my mind when I took up doing GUI, so thanks for that reminder.

I've been debating a Global Mouse X, Y Up and Down, for drag and drop sliding. But there is a way easier way to just click on the control where you want the knob?
b = b + ...