Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The price is right wheel
Hi all,

As a way of saying hello I thought I'd upload something to display my awful programming habits.   I honestly haven't programmed something like a game since the 80s when I would horse around on a Commodore 64.   I later took several courses in HS and college but didn't pursue programming as a career.  

A few weeks ago I was sort of wishing I could still do some qb45 coding, for amusement, and discovered Dosbox and got set up.   Then I thought about making this spinning wheel, and after it was functioning in qb45 I discovered qb64.   Then realized I had a mess of a program because I was just piling on new aspects and stretching the project towards something I had no intention of when it started.   So anyway, here's a silly project that is full of messy programming.   You can just watch it or hit a key to stop the wheel when you want.    

Later on I might do this again properly (with neat and organized coding) and make an actual game out of it.  We'll see.   For now I'll be going through some qb64 tutorials.

Cheers
James

Edit:  updated zip file, hopefully the graphics work now in this arrangement

Also I have no idea how these uploads work.   The ones I've looked at show the program and a convenient "copy" feature seemingly built in to this forum.   I guess I need the 101 on that topic.

Attached Files
.zip   wheel.zip (Size: 1,005.6 KB / Downloads: 42)
From what I can tell the graphics are great except it's a little bit spoiled with Invalid Handles for some images, all through the run specially at start and end of spin. Icon images have a hard time loading even when you do have them in the project folder.

Best to pack all the files needed in Project Folder .zip file because every ones directory system is different eg, the path to QB64.exe folder.
b = b + ...
The wheel is a good start. Let me know when you get to the models... well, the ones from the 1980s. I haven't seen the show in eons. They probably have models too big to fit on normal screens now, and it's probably harder to guess gender than price.

Pete Big Grin
Fake News + Phony Politicians = Real Problems

(08-03-2022, 10:15 PM)bplus Wrote: From what I can tell the graphics are great except it's a little bit spoiled with Invalid Handles for some images, all through the run specially at start and end of spin. Icon images have a hard time loading even when you do have them in the project folder.

Best to pack all the files needed in Project Folder .zip file because every ones directory system is different eg, the path to QB64.exe folder.

Ohh jeez, I just put everything into a folder and zipped it.   When I get a chance I'll try to sort it out and upload again.   Thanks.
(08-03-2022, 11:09 PM)Pete Wrote: The wheel is a good start. Let me know when you get to the models... well, the ones from the 1980s. I haven't seen the show in eons. They probably have models too big to fit on normal screens now, and it's probably harder to guess gender than price.

Pete Big Grin

Haha