Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phoenix BASIC
This might confuse some people

h ttps://www.dropbox.com/s/xmbg4s0s4hsg1pt/Phoenix%20BASIC.PNG?dl=1   (image just below)
[Image: Phoenix-BASIC.png]
Lots of things confuse some people. I'd think "Phoenix Object Basic" is different enough from "QB64 Phoenix Edition" that most people should be able to tell the difference. After all, most people can sort out the difference between a "Hotdog" and a "dog that's hot".

Question: Why make people download your images from dropbox? At the bottom of the post area is a simple little "Add image to post" button which makes them visible and viewable from the website directly. I can't view your attachments at all on my ipad, as it just likes to tell me, "You don't belong here" when I click the link you give.
Re download of dropbox links.

I only did it because initially the images became heavily cropped and/or very low resolution.

I just tried on the next topic, via "Add image to post"  and NOW it is behaving (perfectly) the way it should.

So now more dropbox from me (unless it is really really necessary)

Thanks
(04-20-2022, 01:40 PM)Richard Wrote: Re download of dropbox links.

I only did it because initially the images became heavily cropped and/or very low resolution.

I just tried on the next topic, via "Add image to post"  and NOW it is behaving (perfectly) the way it should.

So now more dropbox from me (unless it is really really necessary)

Thanks

We do not all operate the same (likes/dislikes, workflow habits, etc.)  You're reasons for sharing/communicating are your business, and nobody else's GD business.  So please, whatever whenever wherever, you be/do as you.

That said, I confess: I did not look at your provided picture because I cannot stand downloading a picture before I can view it.  Drives me totally bat-poop annoyed.

My annoyance, though, is mine, and not your nor anybody else's problem.  As long as you are aware: if and when you don't get much feedback, it has absolutely nothing to do with you personally.  You may just be dealing with folk who have mouse-clicky-induced tendinitis, or an aversion to the condition, and so not all that fussy about the extra steps to get from A to Z.  Or whatever.  People are interesting in so many ways ...

Personally, I am on a mission to reduce mouse-clicky-induced tendinitis.  We are going to have a generation of folk who cannot finger-poke the foreheads of significant others when said significant others deserve a forehead finger-poke.

(04-20-2022, 10:50 AM)Richard Wrote: This might confuse some people

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xmbg4s0s4hsg1p...C.PNG?dl=1

Confusion is bound to happen, not just because the names are kind of close, but because those images are also kind of close.

http://biz-wise.nl/phoenix1.gif

But how many ways can one show a Phoenix without kind of ruining the vibe?

I think it will all sort itself out just fine.  Besides, I'm of the mindset: once you have a name and logo, do not monkey around with it.  Nothing worse than product name changes to irritate folk.

Maybe our phoenix could be pimped out with some BASIC bling.  Could be a fun competition for later on when there is nothing way more important to do...
"Maybe our phoenix could be pimped out with some BASIC bling. Could be a fun competition for later on when there is nothing way more important to do..."

The vision I have for the forums logo would be to take what we have, add the colored QB64 in the bottom right corner, and our original QB64-bee in the other 2 corners. An image representing our past at .net, the past at .org, and the rebuilding of the phoenix version.

But I figure that can wait until the wiki is fully converted over and we've salvaged all we can from the past. Wink
(04-20-2022, 06:04 PM)SMcNeill Wrote: "Maybe our phoenix could be pimped out with some BASIC bling.  Could be a fun competition for later on when there is nothing way more important to do..."

The vision I have for the forums logo would be to take what we have, add the colored QB64 in the bottom right corner, and our original QB64-bee in the other 2 corners.  An image representing our past at .net, the past at .org, and the rebuilding of the phoenix version.

But I figure that can wait until the wiki is fully converted over and we've salvaged all we can from the past.  Wink

Acknowledge the past, embrace the present, be excited about the future.

I dig it.  That's got a classy and zen vibe.

After that, if there's interest: we can have some quirky underground lord of the flies one flew over the cuckoo's nest far side bizarro-world competition for pure $hit$ and giggle$ while pounding back obscene amounts of coffee and/or partaking in whatever other vices while somehow trying to hold on to a slim hair of sanity to avoid completely crossing over into some funky alternate reality in which the phoenix is a golden goose laying an egg that turns out being the what if Norm Macdonald and Gilbert Gottfried had a baby?
Bob would have no issue at all with using his QB64 Bee Logo design, I'm sure of that.

Phoenix Object Basic is, as per the Wikipedia description: "No longer being actively developed." So I see no issue, there. Phoenix is not a proprietary name, like Google, and QB64.steve just hasn't caught on with the icon crowd, yet.

Pete  Big Grin
If eggs are brain food, Biden has his scrambled.

(04-20-2022, 06:38 PM)Pete Wrote: Bob would have no issue at all with using his QB64 Bee Logo design, I'm sure of that.

Phoenix Object Basic is, as per the Wikipedia description: "No longer being actively developed." So I see no issue, there. Phoenix is not a proprietary name, like Google, and QB64.steve just hasn't caught on with the icon crowd, yet.

Pete  Big Grin

Yeah, Phoenix Object Basic is less phoenix and more dried-out freezer-burned carcass that is more likely to snuff out a fire than spark any kind of flame.

No comparison.