Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hangman 2 with 2 to 12 letter words!
Whew, that was one of the harder apps I've done in awhile, but I had a blast! I didn't even need help on this specific version either. Although I would like you guys to use it and tell me if you find any problems, thanks.
There's 1000 words in this one on the DATA lines of different sizes, from 2 to 12 letters. They are also in alphabetical order because that's how I found them online. I removed a couple and added a couple as well. Feel free to remove any you wish and add any you wish. It will count them. Also, if you add any with symbols or capitol letters, it just won't use those. Plus if you add any that are over 12 letters or under 2 letters, it won't use those either. The main reason for the 12 letter limit is because I ran out of screen room. 
These 1000 words are mostly the most common words used in the English language it says. I added the URL to the words next to the DATA lines. 
The hardest part in making this was removing the 5 strings from the last Hangman and making loops instead, with arrays. It also seems a bit simple until you really dig into all the things needed. Smile If you have any questions about the code, feel free to ask and I will try my best to answer. 
Have fun! 

(Note: I just found a small problem, I'll post the fix below.)
Here is the update: 

(Code deleted, scroll down.)
I just found a DATA lines problem where the same word at the end repeats on the next line, so I fixed it. Also, I believe I have over 1,200 words here instead of 1000. Plus I removed "TV" since it has capital letters.

(Code deleted, another Data lines problem.)
OK Data lines are fixed. Smile And I was right the first time, there are exactly 1000 words here. Here's the update: 

(Code deleted, please go to the next page for a better version.)
I added some more color to the game. 

[Image: Hangman-2-by-Sierra-Ken.jpg]

(Code deleted, please go to the next page for a better version)
(08-30-2022, 07:07 PM)SierraKen Wrote: Whew, that was one of the harder apps I've done in awhile, but I had a blast! I didn't even need help on this specific version either. Although I would like you guys to use it and tell me if you find any problems, thanks.
There's 1000 words in this one on the DATA lines of different sizes, from 2 to 12 letters. They are also in alphabetical order because that's how I found them online. I removed a couple and added a couple as well. Feel free to remove any you wish and add any you wish. It will count them. Also, if you add any with symbols or capitol letters, it just won't use those. Plus if you add any that are over 12 letters or under 2 letters, it won't use those either. The main reason for the 12 letter limit is because I ran out of screen room. 
These 1000 words are mostly the most common words used in the English language it says. I added the URL to the words next to the DATA lines. 
The hardest part in making this was removing the 5 strings from the last Hangman and making loops instead, with arrays. It also seems a bit simple until you really dig into all the things needed. Smile If you have any questions about the code, feel free to ask and I will try my best to answer. 
Have fun! 

(Note: I just found a small problem, I'll post the fix below.)
Good one! It plays well and is easy to understand.
As for it looking simple, hah!! I've written several word-games, and I know how hard it is to get some of those not-so-obvious features. Being  a bit of a lexophile myself, I'll certainly be playing this in the future. Well done.
Of all the places on Earth, and all the planets in the Universe, I'd rather live here (Perth, W.A.) Big Grin
Please visit my Website at: http://oldendayskids.blogspot.com/
Thank you Phil! Smile
I had a few misgivings about how many tries (9) you allow for larger words, but after playing about 20 games and only being hanged once, I could see that the number was ok, at least, for up to 7 letters anyway. I wasn't offered any longer words, so not sure about supersize words. I'll keep you posted!
Of all the places on Earth, and all the planets in the Universe, I'd rather live here (Perth, W.A.) Big Grin
The good thing with very long words is that there's usually more than 1 of the same letter in it which helps. Smile
How about "MONOTONOUS" then (just for my own ego) ?