Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notepad++ setup for QB64
Lightbulb 
Tired of the native QB64 IDE?
Well, Notepad++ is a good alternative, if there wouldn't be the fight to configure the whole mess...

I did, and you can use it as a reliable foundation to build on and tweaking things for your personal taste and needs. The following archive contains all required files. Installation is described in detail and consists mainly of some simlple copy&paste or import operations. If you don't have Notepad++ installed yet, then I recommend to select the portable mode when you do, as it keeps all config files in the program folder rather than scattering everything all over the harddrive.
  • all provided files are based on the Notepad++ release 8.5.6
  • contains all keywords up to QB64 Phoenix Edition release 3.12.0

.7z   NppThemesQB.7z (Size: 126.26 KB / Downloads: 52) --- (Feb/24)(Notepad++ integration pack)

As additional part you also find a chapter in the archive, which describes how to set up default icons for .bas, .bi and .bm files using Windows Registry entries, if you like to do that.

Attached Files Image(s)

Sweet. Does it show functions and subs in a panel?
grymmjack (gj!)
GitHubYouTube | Soundcloud | 16colo.rs
(08-26-2023, 01:54 AM)grymmjack Wrote: Sweet. Does it show functions and subs in a panel?
Yes, it does. Go to View in the menu and then click on Function List. A panel appears on the right hand side listing all subroutines and functions allowing you quick access to them.

I never program without using this np++ setup now. I have many tabs open with all my most used snippets of code to view/copy/paste and/or modify.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial