Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB64 Phoenix Edition v3.2.1 Released!
QB64 Phoenix Edition v3.2.1!
https://github.com/QB64-Phoenix-Edition/...tag/v3.2.1

Bug Fixes
  • #172, #182 - Fixed using audio commands in a `$CONSOLE:ONLY` program - @mkilgore
  • #178, #182 - Fixed using device commands in a `$CONSOLE:ONLY` program - @mkilgore
  • #175, #180 - Fix incorrect dithering applied to images loaded as a 256 color image - @a740g
    • This applies to images with less than or exactly 256 colors.
    • Images with more than 256 colors will still have dithering applied if they are loaded as a 256 color image.
  • #184 - Fixed setup_lnx.sh to always install `make` - @AtomicSlaughter

Full Changelog: https://github.com/QB64-Phoenix-Edition/...0...v3.2.1
Thumbs Up 
Runs as before with no problems. Thanks!

PS:
I completely forgot one point of criticism, the editor still starts with "New" in the installation directory of QB64pe. It would be good if one could enter the working directory under "Options".
(09-27-2022, 02:10 PM)Kernelpanic Wrote: Runs as before with no problems. Thanks!

PS:
I completely forgot one point of criticism, the editor still starts with "New" in the installation directory of QB64pe. It would be good if one could enter the working directory under "Options".

You can do this by making a shortcut to the executable and putting your desired directory in the "Start in" field.
Tread on those who tread on you

Thumbs Up 
(09-27-2022, 05:03 PM)Spriggsy Wrote:
(09-27-2022, 02:10 PM)Kernelpanic Wrote: Runs as before with no problems. Thanks!

PS:

You can do this by making a shortcut to the executable and putting your desired directory in the "Start in" field.

Thank you very much! That was easy and works!

b = b + ...
I remember in the good ol' days I wrote a program to make custom desktop shortcuts. Dav as one that has some limited options for Win-10. It basically makes a phony internet shortcut, but hey, it works.

Pete

Real programmers never use anything they don't program! Big Grin
One way is to use PowerShell to make the shortcut. It is probably the easiest way. See post https://qb64phoenix.com/forum/showthread...17#pid7117 for the code that doesn't require the libraries that I forgot to include (doh!)

And apparently I had more than one version of this out there.

Code: (Select All)
Option _Explicit

If make_shortcut(_CWD$ + "\qb64.exe", "QB64 (x64) v1.5") Then
    Print "Shortcut has been created"
Else Print "Shortcut was not created. An error occurred"
End If

Function poshQ$ (arg As String)
    poshQ = "'" + Chr$(34) + arg + Chr$(34) + "'"
End Function

Function make_shortcut& (source As String, dest As String)
    Dim As Long exit_code
    Dim As String cmd
    cmd = "PowerShell -Command $SourceFileLocation = " + poshQ(source) + "; $ShortcutLocation = " + poshQ(_Dir$("desktop") + dest + ".lnk") + "; $WScriptShell = New-Object -ComObject WScript.Shell; $Shortcut = $WScriptShell.CreateShortcut($ShortcutLocation); $Shortcut.TargetPath = $SourceFileLocation; if(!$Shortcut.Save()){exit -1} else{exit 0};"
    exit_code = _ShellHide(cmd)
    make_shortcut = exit_code
End Function

Quote:You can do this by making a shortcut to the executable and putting your desired directory in the "Start in" field.

Exactly! One could have figured that out oneself. Thanks!

Quote:One way is to use PowerShell to make the shortcut. It is probably the easiest way. See below for code I have that uses a PowerShell script to create a shortcut:

That is easier:  Wink

[Image: Start-Arbeitsordner2022-09-27.jpg]
Oops, missing libararies:

'$INCLUDE:'Replace.BM'
'$INCLUDE:'StartDir.BM'

Pete

That's what happens when you try and make take shortcuts.
Since today the settings in each new version were also mentioned, here is an example of how I replace the personal settings in each new version:

Replace the IDE Color Settings in the config.ini

Code: (Select All)
[IDE COLOR SETTINGS 1]
SchemeID=1
TextColor=_RGB32(216, 216, 216)
KeywordColor=_RGB32(98, 167, 196)
NumbersColor=_RGB32(216, 98, 69)
QuoteColor=_RGB32(206, 216, 0)
CommentColor=_RGB32(69, 216, 0)
ChromaColor=_RGB32(170, 170, 170)
MetaCommandColor=_RGB32(177, 59, 226)
HighlightColor=_RGB32(0, 88, 108)