Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB64TUTORIAL.COM is ready
The new tutorial is ready for use:

https://www.qb64tutorial.com

I've added new commands, more in-depth concepts, and of course the new look and feel. I'll post a banner on the old tutorial site directing everyone to the new site.

Have a look around and please report anything you find incorrect or needs fixing. I've probably looked over everything really well 5 times but I'm sure I missed something.

The old tutorial asset file will not work with this new version. I renamed the "Tasks" in the old tutorial to "Lessons" in this one. The new subdirectory names in the asset file reflect this. Also, I made modifications to some of the source code that will only be reflected in the new asset file.

Let me know what you think.

Also, I eventually want to create a lesson on Real-time/World Physics. I would really appreciate any help with this subject matter. Perhaps you want to write the lesson? Of course anyone that writes anything for the tutorial would get full credit. Have an idea for a lesson? Let me know. Now that I'm using Google Sites I can make modifications and additions quickly and easily.

Terry
How do I access the site?

Pete Big Grin
(09-28-2022, 03:58 AM)Pete Wrote: How do I access the site?

Pete Big Grin

You'll need to use your other computer, not the one that has C64 written on it. Big Grin
(09-28-2022, 04:19 AM)TerryRitchie Wrote:
(09-28-2022, 03:58 AM)Pete Wrote: How do I access the site?

Pete Big Grin

You'll need to use your other computer, not the one that has C64 written on it. Big Grin

Oh, the TI4A. Why didn't I think of that? Kidding aside, awesome site; took the full tour. You might want to consider adding _INTEGER64 to the variable types. I love _INTEGER64. Oh, and TheBOB will get a kick out of his bee being used in the graphics tutorial.

Pete
Hi Terry,
congratulations for your new site, nice that you chose the "Phoenix Edition" as your new branch to follow. Maybe you want to exchange the the Logo at the frontpage to this one, it became the Phoenix Edition logo after our official rebranding with version 3.0.0 and is used at GitHub, the Wiki, as Favicon on our domain, is built in as default icon into qb64.exe and compiled programs and hopefully when Steve is getting better he'll also change the forum banner. Should be easy to scale the image from the above link to the size you need, in alternative you find the very same logo as "peLogo.png" (135x135) in the source folder since v3.
I've always wondered about how to make games in QB64. I just can't wrap my head around it, especially the graphics portions. I'll definitely be using your site to help me out!
Tread on those who tread on you

Red Alert! Red Alert! Another patron attempting Esc from SCREEN 0. Phasers on stun, all hands on keys!

By the way, this year, Thanksgiving's at my place. Bring a text program.

Pete
(09-28-2022, 07:58 AM)RhoSigma Wrote: Hi Terry,
congratulations for your new site, nice that you chose the "Phoenix Edition" as your new branch to follow. Maybe you want to exchange the the Logo at the frontpage to this one, it became the Phoenix Edition logo after our official rebranding with version 3.0.0 and is used at GitHub, the Wiki, as Favicon on our domain, is built in as default icon into qb64.exe and compiled programs and hopefully when Steve is getting better he'll also change the forum banner. Should be easy to scale the image from the above link to the size you need, in alternative you find the very same logo as "peLogo.png" (135x135) in the source folder since v3.

I changed the logo image. Thanks for pointing me to it. Looks much better!
(09-28-2022, 04:14 PM)Spriggsy Wrote: I've always wondered about how to make games in QB64. I just can't wrap my head around it, especially the graphics portions. I'll definitely be using your site to help me out!

Yep, I've been in that boat. I was a utility programmer for years and around 2009 decided to recreate Mega-Bug, an old TRS-80 CoCo game. I started writing it in QuickBasic 4.5 then discovered QB64. Wrapping my head around game programming was difficult at first but QB64 made the task much, much easier. I hope the tutorial makes it even easier for you.
(09-28-2022, 04:38 PM)Pete Wrote: Red Alert! Red Alert! Another patron attempting Esc from SCREEN 0. Phasers on stun, all hands on keys!

By the way, this year, Thanksgiving's at my place. Bring a text program.

Pete

Here's my submission: https://www.qb64tutorial.com/games#h.quipgsotyukc

Cranberry sauce or jelly?