Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
possible programming challenge: a smart(er) IDE?
DITTO

Actually I was holding off posting the same thing, hoping Steve would.

FYI: Fell pulled down a lot of his YouTube examples, but 5 months ago the other site started putting them back up under "QB64 Official"

For dbox I suppose this is the page I would lie to see linked: https://github.com/boxgaming/qbjs/wiki/S...d-Keywords

Oh, and I just realized some month this year I'm celebrating 30 years of QB/QB64 programming. Just one more letter and my Hello World program will be completed!

Pete
(10-18-2022, 07:33 PM)aurel Wrote:
Quote:Also:  There was a user, STxAxTIC, - alas, he apparently ran afoul of the current powers-that-be - he had a neat scripting language called Sxript I think.  Anyway, he had a Basic program that would translate a subset of QB64 to C or Javascript, and perhaps vice versa. 
hmmm STATIC have such a translator   Huh 

how i don't know for that ?

It is available here: https://github.com/WFBarnes/sxript/tree/main/make

I've tested it on a few things.  It is pretty cool - does a descent job.
Yeah, Bill has the QB64 samples indexed at: https://github.com/WFBarnes/qb64-samples...in/Samples

You know he also has a theoretical degree in physics? Yeah, sometimes I miss Sheldon.

Pete
(10-19-2022, 02:02 PM)SMcNeill Wrote:
(10-19-2022, 11:47 AM)vince Wrote: yeah, for the record I'm 100% pro team Steve.  but I also think QBJS is coming along nicely and is a good project and have recently managed to port several of my  programs to it, though this website is dedicated to QB64 PE only.  It kind of reminds me of those days of early freebasic being introduced and creating a rift

If d os ever wants his own subforum here for QBJS, I'll happy set him up a spot for it.  The same with Fellippe and InForm.  None of us, however, are contributors to either of those projects, and without their dev team/creators being around to help support and answer questions concerning them, I just wouldn't feel right hosting such subforums.  I don't think it'd be fair to either the developers or their user base.

Hi there, just now seeing this post.  Based on a conversation that took place on Discord I had the understanding that QBJS was seen as a "competitor of attention" here.  I'm not interested in getting into the middle of the project politics, so out of respect for that I haven't been posting much about the project here for a while.

If that is not the case that is great and I would be content to post the occasional release notification to the original thread I created here for anyone who might be interested in the project.
(11-06-2022, 02:38 PM)dbox Wrote:
(10-19-2022, 11:47 AM)vince Wrote: yeah, for the record I'm 100% pro team Steve.  but I also think QBJS is coming along nicely and is a good project and have recently managed to port several of my  programs to it, though this website is dedicated to QB64 PE only.  It kind of reminds me of those days of early freebasic being introduced and creating a rift

If d os ever wants his own subforum here for QBJS, I'll happy set him up a spot for it.  The same with Fellippe and InForm.  None of us, however, are contributors to either of those projects, and without their dev team/creators being around to help support and answer questions concerning them, I just wouldn't feel right hosting such subforums.  I don't think it'd be fair to either the developers or their user base.

Hi there, just now seeing this post.  Based on a conversation that took place on Discord I had the understanding that QBJS was seen as a "competitor of attention" here.  I'm not interested in getting into the middle of the project politics, so out of respect for that I haven't been posting much about the project here for a while.

If that is not the case that is great and I would be content to post the occasional release notification to the original thread I created here for anyone who might be interested in the project.

Never once felt like we were competitors.  You're doing one project, we're doing a different one.  Both are similar, but neither is competition for the other.  Is it?  

You're more than welcome to share updates and demos of your project here.  We don't tend to exclude much of anyone here, unless they're just a pure troll or spambot.  Wink
dbox does have nice project going, centered on QB64 language and allows us to share animations on-line without downloading and running code, very cool!

Now if we can just get _MapTriangle up and running... ;-))

He does have allot of file work done (I've yet to test) but it appears a whole project: fonts, sound, images can be run On-line.
b = b + ...

(11-06-2022, 02:43 PM)SMcNeill Wrote:
(11-06-2022, 02:38 PM)dbox Wrote:
(10-19-2022, 02:02 PM)SMcNeill Wrote: If d os ever wants his own subforum here for QBJS, I'll happy set him up a spot for it.  The same with Fellippe and InForm.  None of us, however, are contributors to either of those projects, and without their dev team/creators being around to help support and answer questions concerning them, I just wouldn't feel right hosting such subforums.  I don't think it'd be fair to either the developers or their user base.

Never once felt like we were competitors.  You're doing one project, we're doing a different one.  Both are similar, but neither is competition for the other.  Is it?  

You're more than welcome to share updates and demos of your project here.  We don't tend to exclude much of anyone here, unless they're just a pure troll or spambot.  Wink

Great! Thanks for the clarification.