Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
InForm-pe for QB64PE v 3.3.0 on Linux.
Information 
Hi all,

This post is for the users who want to test or use InForm with the latest QB64PE version.

I've updated my multi lingual installation bash script that includes both QB64PE v 3.3.0 and InForm-pe (a fork of InForm v 1.3 that I made to just communicate with the latest QB64PE release).

This script allows you to also create icons starters for QB64PE, InForm-pe and the QB64PE folder directly on your desktop and adds the ability to invoque QB64PE from any terminal session without being into the QB64PE folder (as you can do with any standard compiler such as gcc).

You can get my pure bash script (no cripled java pseudo compiled language at all) from my own web server at home (on an iMac 20 under macOS 10.11.6 running MAMP Pro) with a decent internet link here: Bash muti lingual installation script.

The script can also cleanly uninstall QB64PE and InForm (they're installed by default in the /opt/qb64pe folder) as well as their different starters (desktop and programming menu) and you're free to copy their complete install forder to any other location that best suits your needs (then you'll have to modify the different starters).

BTW, I'm working on a new version of this script that will allow to select your own installation folder.

So, please stay tuned.

Note: due to my poor and limited programming capabilities, I do not provide any support for InForm (so, no need for a sub-section for me). Tongue

Thank you for your return and enjoy QB64PE with InForm-pe when creating event driven GUI applications with the ease of the BASIC language.

Cheers.
Fifi
Before to send the arrow of truth, dip the head in a honey pot (Cheyenne saying).
Don't tell my Mom I'm on iMac with macOS, she thinks I work on PC with Windows. Tongue
Thank you for this. Today I discovered "/opt" directory on Manjaro KDE. Also while checking out REAPER for Linux for a short time.
(10-21-2022, 07:08 AM)mnrvovrfc Wrote: Thank you for this. Today I discovered "/opt" directory on Manjaro KDE. Also while checking out REAPER for Linux for a short time.

Hi mnrvovrfc,

I'll try it.

BTW, I made a mistake in my script.

So, please redownload it and let me know.

The script file must be dated as of 10/21/2022 with the md5sum: f0a9d55a9cd5460f110a5ee99df0c14a

Cheers.
Fifi
Before to send the arrow of truth, dip the head in a honey pot (Cheyenne saying).
Don't tell my Mom I'm on iMac with macOS, she thinks I work on PC with Windows. Tongue