Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB64PE Winter/Christmas Banner Contest!
Well guys, here's something which I'd been wanting to do for a while, that I unfortunately hadn't been able to implement due to the state of my health and having to prepare and undergo the open-heart surgery that I went though -- a banner contest for our forums!

Not everyone likes what we have at the top of the screen -- (I know!  I know!  Some peoples are krazy!) -- so nows their chance to attempt to replace it with something they'd like better for the holidays!  It's too late to design and vote on a Halloween theme for this year, and by the time people got their designs and voting in, a Thanksgiving theme would just about be outdated, so what folks will be designing and competing over is a CHRISTMAS THEME BANNER for the QB64 Phoenix Edition Forums!

Rules are simple:

1) Design a banner which represents the winter/Christmas spirit and QB64PE.
2) Share your banner in a new topic where everyone can find it and see and comment on your great work.
3) Work is editable, changeable until November 16, when all calls for official entries will be finalized.
4) Starting from November 17th until November 24th, all registered users will have a chance to log in and vote on what they think is the best banner for us.
5) On November 25th (the day after Thanksgiving), our banner will change to become the one created and chosen by our users!!

NOTE:  The current banner is 1400x256 in size, and is formatted so that the background is transparent, with both a black and white highlight around the logos and letters.  This is so that no matter which forum theme the end user decides to use, everything stays visible and pops out nicely.  Replacement banners will be temporary and don't *have* to follow this spirit of obsessive inclusivity, but they should end up being the same size for ease of plugging in and replacing the old banner, without admin having to go in and twiddle with any settings elsewhere to make it fit and interact properly.  Wink
You'll find a Winter Banner Contest subforum here: https://qb64phoenix.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=48

This should help with keeping things organized and in an easy to find, view, and reference area. Feel free to post whatever you'd like (questions, comments, criticisms, whatever) about the contest there, as well as any entry which you'd like to make and submit for the contest. Wink
(10-22-2022, 12:53 PM)admin Wrote: You'll find a Winter Banner Contest subforum here: https://qb64phoenix.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=48

This should help with keeping things organized and in an easy to find, view, and reference area.  Feel free to post whatever you'd like (questions, comments, criticisms, whatever) about the contest there, as well as any entry which you'd like to make and submit for the contest.  Wink

Hope @SMcNeill won't mind me, but as the Forum Banner is the last one which uses the old QB64(PE) logos, I'd suggest that you please use our new official Phoenix Edition Logo by @Pwillard whenever possible. Of couse feel free to decorate it with Christmas ornaments.
Winter banner? Lots of snow. Easy peasy...

Attached Files Image(s)

(10-22-2022, 12:53 PM)admin Wrote: You'll find a Winter Banner Contest subforum here: https://qb64phoenix.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=48

This should help with keeping things organized and in an easy to find, view, and reference area.  Feel free to post whatever you'd like (questions, comments, criticisms, whatever) about the contest there, as well as any entry which you'd like to make and submit for the contest.  Wink

This thread right here seems perfect for questions or comments.

Anyway, for clarification, the drawing field is this (see image) but allow showing the controls in black circle say by making that area transparent and to use the logo RhoSigma posted?

1400 x 256

or am I missing something? Pardon my incorrect spelling of "through" ;(

I tried to post QB64PE Logo as an attached image but for some reason this forum insists on displaying the giant image, so I took it out, TOO BIG!
b = b + ...
Does anyone remember how to save an image with transparent background?

I think I had to do it with Paint 3D not plain old Paint, it's been awhile.
b = b + ...
Save it as a .png in Paint.net

Pete
(10-22-2022, 06:57 PM)bplus Wrote:

This thread right here seems perfect for questions or comments.

Anyway, for clarification, the drawing field is this (see image) but allow showing the controls in black circle say by making that area transparent and to use the logo RhoSigma posted?

1400 x 256

or am I missing something? Pardon my incorrect spelling of "through" ;(

I tried to post QB64PE Logo as an attached image but for some reason this forum insists on displaying the giant image, so I took it out, TOO BIG!

The controls should overlay on top of the banner, so they shouldn't be an issue.  (At least, from what I remember setting them up before, they shouldn't be an issue.  If they are, we'll leave it to Admin Pete to sort it all out for us later.  Big Grin )
Did I win yet? I can add more snow. Big Grin

Links are overlays. Don't worry about them. Just try and beat my entry, or you'll be stuck with it all winter.

Pete snows best!
Good! Don't have to worry about transparencies, so much easier. Just don't put anything real important in that corner of an image.

Can you guys handle gifs? I so love a good animation Smile
b = b + ...