Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QBJS v0.6.1 Release
Hi All,

Just published a small update to the last release of QBJS.  I've added a screen pixel cache to improve the performance of programs that heavily utilize PSET for rendering.

For example, @vince's American flag now majestically waves at a more acceptable rate.  Not quite as fast as native QB64 on my box, but a lot closer than before.

Also, there have been a number of posts recently of "Bubble Universes" which also run a lot faster:

Bubble Universe
Bubble Universe 2
Bubble Universe 3

There is also a rotating planet example that @bplus found in another thread that didn't run very smoothly before that works better now.

Note:  If you are not seeing an improvement when you try these examples, you might need to do a SHIFT+Refresh to clear the cached version in your browser.
Awesome. Great work, dbox.
Tread on those who tread on you

+1. Getting better all the time!

Pete
Thumbs Up 
(11-21-2022, 07:30 PM)dbox Wrote: Hi All,

Just published a small update to the last release of QBJS.  I've added a screen pixel cache to improve the performance of programs that heavily utilize PSET for rendering.

For example, @vince's American flag now majestically waves at a more acceptable rate.  Not quite as fast as native QB64 on my box, but a lot closer than before.

Also, there have been a number of posts recently of "Bubble Universes" which also run a lot faster:

Bubble Universe
Bubble Universe 2
Bubble Universe 3

There is also a rotating planet example that @bplus found in another thread that didn't run very smoothly before that works better now.

Note:  If you are not seeing an improvement when you try these examples, you might need to do a SHIFT+Refresh to clear the cached version in your browser.

Ah! That's where I fixed the fill circle sub, I was looking for that. I thought I set up a folder for QBJS... oh maybe 2 hard drives ago... yikes!

Those moons are doing pretty good, is that what was fixed?

PS also experimenting with Bubble Universes earlier this AM and found smaller t changes t = t + .005 and shorter _Limit (@200 instead of 30) gives a smoother transitioning animation. Now I wonder if I was testing before or after the fix??

PPS thumbs up I love this stuff!
b = b + ...
dbox I'm sorry if it seems I've been ignoring the developments of QBJS, but what is the progress so far?
(03-02-2023, 10:50 PM)mnrvovrfc Wrote: dbox I'm sorry if it seems I've been ignoring the developments of QBJS, but what is the progress so far?

Hey @mnrvovrfc, I haven’t posted much on QBJS due to a demanding work schedule of late.  The next thing I'm working on for QBJS is to incorporate a WebGL canvas in order to support _MapTriangle.  I haven’t decided the full scope of what is going to be in the next release, but I’ve got a number of items on deck that I’m tracking here:  https://github.com/boxgaming/qbjs/wiki/Roadmap.

Ultimately, I’d like to support most of the QB64 keywords.  A lot of what drives the priority on what gets added next is driven by feedback I get from folks trying it out.  @bplus has been encouraging me for a while now to add _MapTriangle.