Poll: Which banner do you like best?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
SPREZZO
13.64%
3 13.64%
BPLUS
18.18%
4 18.18%
SMCNEILL
4.55%
1 4.55%
THE JOYFUL PROGRAMMER
36.36%
8 36.36%
DBOX
18.18%
4 18.18%
KERNALPANIC
0%
0 0%
TERRY RITCHIE
9.09%
2 9.09%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring Banner VOTING!
(03-21-2023, 08:15 AM)RhoSigma Wrote: 1. We are the "QB64 Phoenix Edition" not "QB64 Phoenix Spring Edition" and certainly not the "2B64 Phoenix Dark Edition", hence the "Spring" has to be outside of our brand name such as "QB64 Phoenix Edition - Spring Season" or similar.

Kernelpanic's banner does have "QB64 Phoenix Edition", but you don't interpret well the font that he used...

dbox, well, I wanted the car and otherwise the banner shown here contained the QB64PE logo. Anyway I dislike choosing. Reminds me of a silly play I read from a children's book, from a kid that required other people to choose for him. Eventually he decided because he was going to be left without a Christmas present otherwise. I hate what I choose loses.
------
RhoSigma & @Sprezzo, the "Dark Banner" was a gag because some people seem to like it dark, of course it didn't fit the competition. But Steve put the cart before the horse.

Some seem to have nothing left for mysticism (Dark Banner). The woman comes from the carnival in Venice, and I think the rose fits the saying below: "Inwuietum cor nostrum, donec requiescat in te. (Augustine)" reads: "Our heart is restless until it rests in you. "

As for the honorably mentioned music, such songs as "Funerapolis" belonged to psychadelic rock of the 1960s/1970s.

It's funny how excited some people can be about something like that.

Here's something else for Dark Fans:

[Image: Weg-Zum-Huegel-Text.jpg]
Excellent banner chosen for spring. I look forward to trying again for the summer banner.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
Basically, the banner already shows spring, and it also looks nice - it's called a naive work of art.  Wink

But the bird doesn't fit in there at all; I had mentioned before.
(03-21-2023, 04:38 PM)Kernelpanic Wrote: Basically, the banner already shows spring, and it also looks nice - it's called a naive work of art.  Wink

But the bird doesn't fit in there at all; I had mentioned before.

I'm not sure how a "springtime" phoenix is supposed to look? I like the bird to be honest. I voted for my banner, well, because it's mine. However, had I not participated this banner would have gotten my vote. It's colorful, vibes of "spring", and shows a powerful phoenix hinting at the powerful Phoenix Edition of QB64. I believe the correct banner won the contest.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
jealousy gets you nowhere, guys.  Congratulations to Waltersmind
Tough choice. Mostly, I ended up having to choose based on which images properly displayed the QB64PE logo. Using that criterion, Terry and Bplus were close. I also laughed at KernelPanic's hilariously angry phoenix.
It'd be really cool to have a QB64PE programmable banner contest.

The idea:
Create a program using QB64PE the same size as the banner, that animates or does something cool with a program similar to the banner size. 

We could turn these into animated GIFs to attract folks and share the source code behind the banner. Maybe randomize the banners. Of course animated GIF adds bandwidth that might not be desirable, so maybe it could be a static image in a thread.

It'd be really neat to see what people would come up with.

Then we could create a pool of attractive things to use in live streams, youtube videos, tutorials, whatever. Like a press kit?

If we're talking about marketing, you have to consider the reach of the message and the desired audience.

Dunno just an idea!

Glad the one I liked won Big Grin though I have to admit I like them all. Steves black text on a blue sky in gothic font is such a Dark Tower Gunslinger stephen king approach it definitely wins on the "wtf wow" factor IMO. Black text on a blue sky in gothic font is metal AF.

The naked lady one too(especially)
grymmjack (gj!)
GitHubYouTube | Soundcloud | 16colo.rs
------