Poll: Which banner do you like best?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
SPREZZO
13.64%
3 13.64%
BPLUS
18.18%
4 18.18%
SMCNEILL
4.55%
1 4.55%
THE JOYFUL PROGRAMMER
36.36%
8 36.36%
DBOX
18.18%
4 18.18%
KERNALPANIC
0%
0 0%
TERRY RITCHIE
9.09%
2 9.09%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring Banner VOTING!
SPREZZO:

[Image: bannersham.png]

BPLUS:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1532]

SMCNEILL:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1516]

THE JOYFUL PROGRAMMER:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1514]

DBOX:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1509]

KERNALPANIC:

[Image: QB64-Ph-nix-Dark-SW.jpg]

TERRY RITCHIE:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1506]

Steve...

My brand is, "THE JOYFUL PROGRAMMER", not "The Joyous Programmer". Please correct that.
(03-19-2023, 10:10 PM)The Joyful Programmer Wrote: Steve...

My brand is, "THE JOYFUL PROGRAMMER", not "The Joyous Programmer". Please correct that.

Fixed.  Smile
Quote:My brand is, "THE JOYFUL PROGRAMMER", not "The Joyous Programmer". Please correct that.
Oh Walt ...i will blow

Big Grin
I was going to vote for the "natural" banner, until it was taken away. :/

Also no car on any of those banners. I wanted the car.
..and hey what about my...

Attached Files Image(s)

Looks like Walt won.
it looks... Smile 
but i vote for staticX-sprezzo-bill this time
For me two things count:

1. We are the "QB64 Phoenix Edition" not "QB64 Phoenix Spring Edition" and certainly not the "2B64 Phoenix Dark Edition", hence the "Spring" has to be outside of our brand name such as "QB64 Phoenix Edition - Spring Season" or similar.

2. The use of the original "QB64 Phoenix Edition" logo, i.e. not blending into Flowers covering the biggest part of the logo or changing of colors (the green B).

Only two fulfill these requirements, BPlus and DBox, as DBox made a comic like banner, which is misplaced for a programming language (IMHO), only BPlus is left to vote for.

That doesn't mean the other banners are bad, from the artistic POV they are all good and much better than what I could produce with my artistic skills, But although there's the "artistic freedom", in this case I think we should follow some design rules.
(03-21-2023, 08:15 AM)RhoSigma Wrote: For me two things count:

1. We are the "QB64 Phoenix Edition" not "QB64 Phoenix Spring Edition" and certainly not the "2B64 Phoenix Dark Edition", hence the "Spring" has to be outside of our brand name such as "QB64 Phoenix Edition - Spring Season" or similar.

2. The use of the original "QB64 Phoenix Edition" logo, i.e. not blending into Flowers covering the biggest part of the logo or changing of colors (the green B).

Only two fulfill these requirements, BPlus and DBox, as DBox made a comic like banner, which is misplaced for a programming language (IMHO), only BPlus is left to vote for.

That doesn't mean the other banners are bad, from the artistic POV they are all good and much better than what I could produce with my artistic skills, But although there's the "artistic freedom", in this case I think we should follow some design rules.

I think that *is* a QB64, rather than a 2B64 -- it's just the odd flourish on the font for the Q which makes it seem almost un-Q-like.

As for my personal thoughts on the logo, I don't think it's all that important that it has to be up in the banner somewhere -- particularly if we're going to have fun and swap out the banner every few months like we have been doing.  A transient banner doesn't need to incorporate a permanent logo, in my opinion. 

But it'd be nice if folks could discuss set rules for these little contests, and it would be greatly appreciated, as there's several things we learned from this one where we had multiple participants in it.  For one thing, we need people to edit their posts in the future and specify which entry they want to submit, in the case they come up with multiple designs (like almost everyone did here, it seems).  This time around, I just started at the end of the submission topic and used an user's last post for their "official" submission into the contest, and, per our Discord, I apparently didn't get the proper entry which everybody expected to see.  

I think in the future, we need to add a rule for something like, "Multiple entries will be invalidated unless one -- and only one -- is marked as "OFFICIAL SUBMISSION" only."

All in all though, I'm happy with all the participation we saw in this little contest, and I'm happy to see folks sharing their work and having fun with everything.  Life is a sequence of learning experiences, and we're learning as we go along about what rules and such are needed and work best for these little competitions.  Wink