Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
time tunnel animation - can this be done as high res and smooth as the video?
(09-15-2024, 12:23 AM)SMcNeill Wrote:
Code: (Select All)
Screen _NewImage(640, 480, 32)
Dim m As _MEM: m = _MemImage(0)
Dim o As _Offset
Do
    o = 0
    Do
        r = Int(Rnd * 2)
        Select Case r
            Case 0: _MemPut m, m.OFFSET + o, &HFFFFFFFF As _UNSIGNED LONG
            Case 1: _MemPut m, m.OFFSET + o, &HFF000000 As _UNSIGNED LONG
        End Select
        o = o + 4
    Loop Until o = m.SIZE
Loop Until _KeyHit

There's your TV static without the sound.  I tend to keep my tv muted when it's got static on it, so this is what mine looks like.  Big Grin
That's awesome! 
I guess the sound could just be white noise created with the updated sound command. 

It's a little uniform. If you look at the above videos, and keep your eyes on the screen, one of them has this effect where certain pixels seem to stay lit a little longer or "float" on top. The third video is the most interesting, it's not just static but these patterns appear, as if the horizontal control on the set is drifting. That would also be interesting - simulating the "horizontal" control changing on an analog TV set.

Anyway, thanks for that bit of code, I could see that being a neat little effect in a game where you have a simulated analog TV.

(09-15-2024, 12:22 AM)bplus Wrote: Edit: Sun glasses for this one, epileptics do not watch!

Code: (Select All)
Screen 12
1 Cls: Color , (_BackgroundColor = 0) * -15: GoTo 1
Ha! Back in the Reagan years, I made a couple games on the C64 (or were it the TI99/4A) for an explosion effect. 
I soon realized that staring at something like that was making my ears pop! 
I think a real explosion, a single split second flash of white is more realistic.

(09-15-2024, 12:55 AM)bplus Wrote: Eye Candy #10 for @madscijr

Pretty cool!
Gets a little painful to stare at... I was looking for something a little smoother.
I'll get something working soon I hope, if the distractions don't keep happening!

Messages In This Thread
RE: time tunnel animation - can this be done as high res and smooth as the video? - by madscijr - 09-15-2024, 02:38 PM