Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
time tunnel animation - can this be done as high res and smooth as the video?
(09-15-2024, 02:44 PM)madscijr Wrote:
(09-15-2024, 01:03 AM)Pete Wrote: Can't figure out what you guys are talking about. I have a plasma TV that's as big as the sun. No static, although yesterday I mistook the sun for my set; so no matter how clear the view was, I can no longer see it. Oh well, speaking of The View, yeah, at least I'll never have to see those bitches again. So on the bright side, there's that!

Pete Confused
You poor child! You must be reading this on a Braille computer display (I imagine those must really exist?)

(09-15-2024, 09:24 AM)vince Wrote: if this isn't a mod

Code: (Select All)

Impressive!
That would make a cool background for a quasi-3D space invaders type game, with the tunnel taking some twists and turns, and the player needs to steer to avoid the walls as well as shoot the aliens...
" Braille computer display (I imagine those must really exist?) "

Yes they do and have existed for a very long time. Back in the early 90's when I was a computer tech I serviced a blind person's system at a local bank. He was a loan officer. He used a combination of a Braille display and optical hand held screen reader. The Braille display would bring up a line of text as he panned the optical reader over the CRT. It was quite cumbersome to use but he made it work. I imagine today's systems are much more sophisticated.

" Impressive! "

I agree, those animations are awesome vince!
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial

Messages In This Thread
RE: time tunnel animation - can this be done as high res and smooth as the video? - by TerryRitchie - 09-15-2024, 03:44 PM