Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just finished calculating pi to 30 trillion places.
@JRace

LOL, I know how you feel. Take a mathpirin with that java!

To my credit, I don't get overly caught up in any fanciful fixation that I and QB64 will break the world record in pi calc. Everyone knows you need FreeBASIC and a truck load of hallucinogenics for that! Big Grin

That second to last link was a fun read. While using atan(x) = x - x^3/3 + x^5/5 seems simple enough, I haven't expanded my string math routines for trigonometric functions. That's another reason why I stopped shopping when I found Leibniz method, and converted it to code. Simple multiplication and division of fractions.

The history link was an interesting read, too. Thanks!

@Kernelpanic

In the link JRace provided we find:

"A third one comes from the theory of complex multiplication of elliptic curves, and was discovered by S. Ramanujan. This gives a number of beautiful formulas, but the most useful was missed by Ramanujan and discovered by the Chudnovsky's. It is the following (slightly modified for ease of programming): "

This is probably what you were challenging others to find in your previous post.

Pete

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just finished calculating pi to 30 trillion places. - by Pete - 08-15-2022, 06:55 PM