Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tutorial
(04-24-2022, 03:07 AM)PhilOfPerth Wrote: I think if you want to attract (and keep) new blood on this Forum, you  need to give more ready access to tutorials- they should have a prominent spot on the main entry window. 
Being something of a novice myself (what are "libraries"?), I would welcome a couple of tuts on how to make a page presentable. If you look at some of my programmes  programs you'll know what I mean.
There are lots of us who can write programs that do something, but they're often very vanilla. An intro to QB64 jargon would also  be good for newer members.
Both of those have probably been covered elsewhere, but they are difficult to find, so new visitors tend to drift away. Shy

I hope to have a collection of QBasic graphics tutorials by TheBOB, up shortly. Tonight I just finished the last of 33 program conversions to qb64. As a former commercial graphics artist, that guy really knew his stuff.

In consideration of new comers, yeah, I get it. One thing I always point beginners to is the Wiki, and I hope I had for the structure, eventually, is that it would evolve more examples that would be labeled as...

Beginner:

Intermediate:

Advanced:

Maybe even dividing up wiki sections into Text and Graphics examples, for how certain keywords apply.

Of course my favorite way of learning was to experiment with code I read out of a book, in the days before internet, or reverse engineer something I discovered online after forums came into being. I never used any tutorials, and God willing, one day I will figure out how to add that darn exclamation point at the end of my nearly finished "Hello World" program.

Good topic discussion,

Pete

Messages In This Thread
Tutorial - by johnno56 - 04-19-2022, 09:45 PM
RE: Tutorial - by Pete - 04-19-2022, 09:57 PM
RE: Tutorial - by johnno56 - 04-19-2022, 10:21 PM
RE: Tutorial - by Pete - 04-19-2022, 10:27 PM
RE: Tutorial - by PhilOfPerth - 04-24-2022, 03:07 AM
RE: Tutorial - by Pete - 04-24-2022, 10:33 AM
RE: Tutorial - by johnno56 - 04-24-2022, 06:27 AM
RE: Tutorial - by johnno56 - 04-24-2022, 11:45 AM