Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
loadimage show pcx error
@macalwen I figured out the issue. It is indeed a limitation with dr_pcx. And I also figured out that other than the issues you reported, it does not support loading 24bpp images too. So, what I said on top earlier about 24bpp images working is incorrect. Probably that was something else I tested.

Anyway, I am in the process of writing the missing parts and if I get too adventurous, I might end up writing a new loader. Smile

Thank you for reporting the issue.
@macalwen This is fixed! I'll run some more tests and then push the fix to the repo, and it should be available in the next version we publish.

Basically, dr_pcx has a bunch of issues with PCX formats other than the standard ones. I initially, set out to fix these shortcomings by studying the loaders in Gimp, Paint.Net and some others. However, I ended up re-writing the loader.  Big Grin

[Image: Screenshot-2024-06-23-175052.png]
(06-12-2024, 12:01 PM)macalwen Wrote: I can't upload the file, pcx16 color 1 bit plane image is very common, you can use image software to convert it, after all, it's not 16 color 4 bit plane

You should be able to attach PCX files now.
grymmjack (gj!)
GitHubYouTube | Soundcloud | 16colo.rs