Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB64TUTORIAL.COM is ready
Absolutely historical. Terry warned everyone about the dangers of using GOTO, and oddly enough, he even screwed himself!

Pete

- IF pete = smartascii THEN GOTO hello_world
@Terry:
Just noticed, in lesson 2, in your CONSTANTS explanation, line 13, you give the circumference of a circle as R*(pi squared), instead of R*pi*2. (As you know, R*(pi squared) is the area).
Of all the places on Earth, and all the planets in the Universe, I'd rather live here (Perth, W.A.) Big Grin
Please visit my Website at: http://oldendayskids.blogspot.com/
That's a Marine size pi, Phil, but if you wish, I'm sure Terry can cut you a slice of civilian size pi.

Pete
(09-30-2022, 12:36 AM)PhilOfPerth Wrote: @Terry:
Just noticed, in lesson 2, in your CONSTANTS explanation, line 13, you give the circumference of a circle as R*(pi squared), instead of R*pi*2. (As you know,  R*(pi squared) is the area).

Not quite, area is Pi * r ^ 2 ( not Pi  ^ 2 ) and yes, circumference is  2 * Pi * r.

Speaking of Pi there is a QB64 Function _Pi(x) that will return multiples of Pi eg, _Pi(2) is circumference of a unit circle, a circle with radius = 1.
b = b + ...
@bplus: Yes, sorry, got a bit excited there, and made a similar mistake! But I think it still needs to be corrected.
And I didn't know about the _Pi(x) function; thanks.
Of all the places on Earth, and all the planets in the Universe, I'd rather live here (Perth, W.A.) Big Grin
Yes either correct the formula for circumference or the application for Area of Circle Smile

Yeah I am still learning all the new _NonQB4.5 compatibles.
b = b + ...
I'm still trying to stop the _NonNew functions from disappearing into the dim regions of my brain!
I don't like "$NOPREFIX" because it could cause confusion about which keyword was created by Dartmouth or by M$, and which was not. And Freebasic having something that allows "new" keywords used in program which are supposed to be edited away from Q(uick)Basic but I guess some people want to go back to 16-bit, like the ones using music tracker software...

EDIT: Good job with the warning near the top of the lession #5.
(09-30-2022, 12:36 AM)PhilOfPerth Wrote: @Terry:
Just noticed, in lesson 2, in your CONSTANTS explanation, line 13, you give the circumference of a circle as R*(pi squared), instead of R*pi*2. (As you know,  R*(pi squared) is the area).

Oh son of a pup.  That was on my "to fix" list from the previous tutorial as well. Argh. Fixing it now.

Edit: all fixed. Wow, so much easier to edit with Google Sites.
(09-30-2022, 01:13 AM)Pete Wrote: That's a Marine size pi, Phil, but if you wish, I'm sure Terry can cut you a slice of civilian size pi.

Pete

Semper Pi !