Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring Banner Contest! (2023)
(03-12-2023, 01:31 AM)Sprezzo Wrote: I suppose dbox's banners are self-evidently honest with respect to being modified from stock images, and he'll most likely get my vote. It's the coolest work.

Something tells me though that the credit for the images Walter is using won't see the light of day. Those are all are stock images, mn.

Is this your way of trying to attack me after what happened on your Discord server? As you said yourself, Bill, you are a troll and always have been. Nice try, but no one cares what you have to say.

Besides, DBox's banner is made up of stock images just like mine, so who cares how the banners are made?
It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.
― Henry David Thoreau

(03-12-2023, 01:54 AM)The Joyful Programmer Wrote: Psychology tells us that people today have an extremely short attention span, but the subconscious picks up on subtle things. As such, people in general will only look at the banner for less than a second. While the conscious picks up the branding, the subconscious picks up the Spring vibe, the peacefulness of the scene, and the happiness of the animals. This subconsciously promotes the happiness of using the product. As such, there is no need to promote what the product is used for in the banner. The rest of the web page and site is supposed to do that.

These are some of the tactics that professional marketers use to promote products and brands.

You're right, but we're not selling anything here, we're just having fun with visuals and trying to get a message out according to the next season.

dbox's contributions might have flaws but he's participating in this "contest" like you are and therefore there will be at least one viewer that picks up the "subtle" things. Like that little boy on the extreme right side of that red flake LOL. Or those dumb-looking "square" horses in Terry's banner.

The main requirement for the banner is to have the QB64PE logo or to shout "QB64 Phoenix Edition" which all these entries have met so far.

Also it doesn't matter if you created any of the art, you have talent to look for clip art and apply it in a creative fashion. Two items I just don't have patience with. Take, for instance, my avatar. It freakin' sucks. It was indeed meant to be patterned after X-23 in casual mode, but any dark-haired woman holding two knives on one hand could have worked in its place. I only had the patience to do a picture like this one in GIMP and didn't try to go further with detail such as making it look like three-dimensional.
(03-12-2023, 03:39 PM)mnrvovrfc Wrote: Or those dumb-looking "square" horses in Terry's banner.

Ouch, LOL
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
I think clever use of QB64 should count for something, shall we compare codes that we used to create our images?
b = b + ...
------
(03-12-2023, 04:56 PM)Sprezzo Wrote:
(03-12-2023, 04:42 PM)bplus Wrote: I think clever use of QB64 should count for something, shall we compare codes that we used to create our images?

I thought you'd NEVER ask. Yes, let's go down this road.

Well if you did not use an image editor like Photo Shop or the one Johnno was always talking about for Linux (big ass senior moment for the dang name!) I'd sure like to see your QB64 code you used to create your image.

I am not nearly satisfied with my flower drawing code with petals unpredictable so if others are showing theirs I will show mine when I have it fixed which should take 5 mins Wink
b = b + ...
------
I took a picture.  I added text.  Does anyone really need to see the code for that?  LOL!!