Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring Banner Contest! (2023)
-----
Thumbs Up 
(03-14-2023, 06:27 AM)Sprezzo Wrote:
(03-13-2023, 10:59 PM)bplus Wrote: @Sprezzo Well that's a looker, nice job!

Don't suppose that flower on left was computer generated? It looks like it could be almost...

I'll take this question as the ultimate form of flattery, thanks @bplus. The flowers on the left are all computer generated, as are the ones on the right. All the same qb64 program just with different settings. The only thing not specifically toiled over was the text. That stuff is cheap enough nowadays.

Wow! You've got my vote! ...wait, it's QB64 right? Luv to see the part that generates the flower on left.
b = b + ...
-----
(03-14-2023, 04:03 PM)Sprezzo Wrote:
(03-14-2023, 02:34 PM)bplus Wrote:
(03-14-2023, 06:27 AM)Sprezzo Wrote: I'll take this question as the ultimate form of flattery, thanks @bplus. The flowers on the left are all computer generated, as are the ones on the right. All the same qb64 program just with different settings. The only thing not specifically toiled over was the text. That stuff is cheap enough nowadays.

Wow! You've got my vote!  ...wait, it's QB64 right? Luv to see the part that generates the flower on left.

The height of my programming career! You continue to spoil me @bplus. However the vote turns out, I'm going home a winner from your comments.

Most of the flowers in the image came from taking various shots of the same fractal snowflake. The snowflake-making code itself is embedded in a 7000-line graphics pipeline I've been more-or-less inventing as I go. For completeness, here's that chunk:

Code: (Select All)
        Case "Snowflake 6"
            u = x
            v = y
            For j = 0 To PlotOptDCIteration
                cexp uu, vv, u, v, 6, 0
                cadd xx, yy, uu, vv, -1, 0
                cexp p, q, u, v, 5, 0
                cmul p, q, p, q, 6, 0
                cdiv u0, v0, xx, yy, p, q
                cadd u0, v0, u0, v0, x, y
                u = u0
                v = v0
            Next
            re = u
            im = v

... which explains nothing. There is a mountain of code that leads to the coloring, why it looks as sharp, or why the other flowers seem oil painted, so on and so on. Most of the work is finished but not explained yet, I'm slowly catching up with writing about all this. For a placeholder I'll paste the original pink background in full, you can hopefully see its snowflake-ness...
[Image: fdsfgdgdfhfatgdsryer-GR.png]

[Image: fdsfgdgdfhfatgdsryerGR.png]

... and so it goes for every other element in the banner. I'm really underexplaining here, gotta save it for the writeup. Full code and stuff is all online:

http://barnes.x10host.com/pages/Plane-Gr...aphics.php

Well now I feel like a 2 time winner, making someone happy and seeing that this flower making image can be done in QB64, got me a little project to get mind off troubles.
b = b + ...
Have you ever thought, "Man, I wish I could make banners like bplus, but coding is hard!"

Well now you can make spring banners too with the "B+ Banner Builder"!

Try it online today:
https://qbjs.org/?src=https://raw.github...uilder.zip
(03-14-2023, 08:53 PM)dbox Wrote: Have you ever thought, "Man, I wish I could make banners like bplus, but coding is hard!"

Try it online today:

LOL not exactly b+ approved but I like the hint of being legendary Smile

Here is b+ approved banner builder:
Pick a nice background like Steve, KernelPanic, Walter 
Pick a nice Font
Grab a copy of Pe Logo
use this little bit of code PLUS Steve's SaveImage Bi and Bm
Code: (Select All)
'$INCLUDE:'SaveImage.BI'

Const SaveTextAs256Color = 0 'Flag to Save as 256 color file or 32-bit color file, when converting SCREEN 0 to an image
'                             Set to TRUE (any non-zero value) to save text screens in 256 color mode.
'                             Set to FALSE (zero) to save text screens in 32-bit color mode.

_Title "B+ Spring Banner 10, space to take snap" ' b+ 2023-03-12
' mod 1 start banner
' mod 2 add sun and rays
' mod 3 no overlap!
' mod 4 plasma coloring? don't like random bland!
' mod 5 number of petals determines color also twirl flower petals randomly
' mod 6 more flowers!
' mod 7 clean logo both sides of title
' mod 8 new draw flower with special pallet, only one screen option now
' mod 9 WuLine install for suns rays
' mod 10 RotoZoom mod DrawFlower

' mod 11 just background, logo and title  Banner Basics

Const XMAX = 1400 '                                                          screen banner specs
Const YMAX = 256

Screen _NewImage(XMAX, YMAX, 32)
_ScreenMove 0, 100
Randomize Timer '  oh we can have different flower arrangements

Dim As Long logo, spring, fnt, wallpaper
Dim k$
ReDim savefile As String
savefile = "Spring Banner 11 by b+.png" ' ---------------> name of out put image to spec
logo = _LoadImage("peLogo.png") ' -----------------------> here is logo for QB64pe Phoenix Edition
spring = _LoadImage("spring.jpg") ' ---------------------> here is a nice background I snatched
fnt = _LoadFont("ARLRDBD.TTF", 100) ' -------------------> here is font Big Bold Round like cloud
wallpaper = _NewImage(XMAX, YMAX, 32)
_PutImage , spring, wallpaper, (0, 400)-(_Width(spring), _Height(spring)) 'use full width but just some sky
_Font fnt, wallpaper
_PrintMode _KeepBackground , wallpaper
_Dest wallpaper
_PutImage (25, 5), logo, wallpaper
_PutImage (_Width - 25 - _Width(logo), 5), logo, wallpaper
_Dest wallpaper
Color _RGB32(26, 50, 230)
s$ = "QB64 Phoenix Edition"
_PrintString ((_Width - _PrintWidth(s$)) / 2, 20), s$, wallpaper
_Dest 0

Dim result '                                                                    save image or NOT
While _KeyDown(27) = 0 ' <<<<<<<<<<<<< allow escape from screen
    _PutImage , wallpaper&, 0
    k$ = InKey$
    _Display
    If k$ = " " Then
        result = SaveImage(savefile, 0, 0, 0, _Width - 1, _Height - 1)
        If result = 1 Then 'file already found on drive
            Kill savefile 'delete the old file
            result = SaveImage(savefile, 0, 0, 0, _Width - 1, _Height - 1) 'save the new one again
        End If
        If result >= 0 Then Cls: Print "Save Failed": Beep: End ' <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<  beep = failed
    ElseIf Len(k$) Then
        Exit While
    End If
    _Display
    _Limit 60
Wend
'$INCLUDE:'SaveImage.BM'

and prest-O change-0!

A beautiful banner!
b = b + ...
(03-14-2023, 04:03 PM)Sprezzo Wrote: ... and so it goes for every other element in the banner. I'm really underexplaining here, gotta save it for the writeup. Full code and stuff is all online:

Might know a lot about fractals and other mathematical complexities for graphics. This could be a good topic on the general forum of this site or of the other site.

In a few areas it looks Mandelbrot, but others (where there are stacks of pedals) it's a slight variation, is this right? (Erm, open a new topic for this if you guys want to.)

LOL a banner insta-creator isn't going to have coding subtleties like this just talked about. I believe one of the requirements of a contest like this is to code 50% or more of the banner. But maybe bplus would win every time, so...
[Image: bplus-ultimative-Banner2023.jpg]

@bplus - Hey, you can it! This is what(!) spring looks like.  Exclamation

But get rid of the right logo.  Tongue
(03-14-2023, 10:07 PM)Kernelpanic Wrote: [Image: bplus-ultimative-Banner2023.jpg]

@bplus - Hey, you can it! This is what(!) spring looks like.  Exclamation

But get rid of the right logo.  Tongue

No, it's modeled after The Ark of the Covenant, 2 angles guarding the sacred center Smile

Update: bplus looks down and shakes his head at the sight of his spelling angels, sheesh!
b = b + ...
(03-14-2023, 08:53 PM)dbox Wrote: Have you ever thought, "Man, I wish I could make banners like bplus, but coding is hard!"

Try it online today:

Now with more font options!

bplus Wrote:LOL not exactly b+ approved but I like the hint of being legendary
You are legendary sir!