Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
InForm-PE
(06-18-2023, 08:31 AM)loopy750 Wrote: Thanks so much for the hard work, finally I can make full use of v3.8.0.

A minor issue though, and I'm not sure if it's InForm or QB64, I've attached an image. The left side is the older InForm on v3.6.0, and the right side, InForm-PE with v3.8.0. You can see the bottom of the "g" is cropped.

Easy to reproduce using UiEditor, and "phagspa.ttf" font, font size 12.

I haven't yet worked out why, but I'll keep looking..

[Image: Image7.png]
Heart

Thank you for reporting this. I made the necessary changes to _UPRINTSTRING which fixes the issue. We'll have the fix rolled out in the next release.

[Image: Screenshot-2023-06-18-175025.png]
Hey! when you guys (and gal) use Add Image to post, this is what I get too often when I try and check it out:

I dislike the imgbb spam!

Please use the full Reply button at the very bottom "Click or drop some files here to upload..."
leave the cursor where you want to paste the image in your post, then click "insert" after image is loaded.
b = b + ...
(06-18-2023, 12:25 PM)a740g Wrote: Heart

Thank you for reporting this. I made the necessary changes to _UPRINTSTRING which fixes the issue. We'll have the fix rolled out in the next release.

[Image: Screenshot-2023-06-18-175025.png]
Excellent, I tested out the changes and it is indeed back to how it was previously.
loopy750 welcome to the forum.

Now I receive an alert which means I have to visit "imgbb" site separately and upload a picture, to then acquire the link to post into a reply on this forum, instead of doing it the "quick" way. Rolleyes
Excellent. My cruddy old 1st attempt to use inform recompiled just fine.
Is it possible to change the icon of the form? I see the "Icon File" box on the designer, but typing in the path and filename of the icon file doesn't seem to work. I don't see anything in the wiki that provides guidance.
It's not the having, it's the doing.
(06-22-2023, 08:23 PM)bobalooie Wrote: Is it possible to change the icon of the form? I see the "Icon File" box on the designer, but typing in the path and filename of the icon file doesn't seem to work. I don't see anything in the wiki that provides guidance.

For now, you can use the $EXEICON metacommand to set the Window and executable icon. I'll check more on the "Icon File" box whenever I get some time.
For some reason QB64 has a harder time finding icon files in same folder or relative path from exe than say an image or font file. Oft times a person gets the file loaded in their system but someone downloading and running the code gets decidedly different results in file finding.

Often times all that is needed is an additional ".\" to indicate to QB64 the file in question is right there in same folder as the exe. 

I am assuming of course you are Running the Compile to save the exe in same folder as bas source because who in their right mind wants to clutter up their QB64 folder with all their projects and files needed for each project, that would be insane IMHO Smile specially when QB64pe is actively updated so many times a year and bravo for that!
b = b + ...
Wow, I didn't realize there was a new fork of InForm. I liked InForm. Really made some projects easy. It can be a real pain in the butt to try doing Win32 GUIs for a small program since the code for the GUI window is far larger than the code for the actual program. And with me now using Linux more, it might serve me better to use InForm again. I do prefer Win32 GUIs but even then, MCI/WINMM works differently in Wine. My video player only half works in Wine  Sad I might try writing a program soon that interfaces with some REST/HTTP API but all those are the same ol' thing. I don't know. Maybe some Win32 nonsense. I need a bit of real inspiration.
Schuwatch!
Yes, it's me. Now shut up.
@a740g what are the chances of returning the current status of a text box in the .text property (VB term for the .item in Type array or UDT) ? OK you might have to keep the old Text() thing for compatibles but yuck!
b = b + ...