Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The QB64 forum is in
Thumbs Up 
Hasn't anyone noticed that: up to 100 or more guests in the forum? That is very well! But what happened all of a sudden, otherwise it there were so 10/15?
Oh wow! cool!
b = b + ...
(08-12-2023, 09:18 PM)bplus Wrote: Oh wow! cool!
Correct! It is cool!  Tongue

(08-12-2023, 09:14 PM)Kernelpanic Wrote: Hasn't anyone noticed that: up to 100 or more guests in the forum? That is very well! But what happened all of a sudden, otherwise it there were so 10/15?

It's the AI LLMs doing their thing, slurping up the forum discussions and code for their eventual SkyNet take over.

But seriously, I believe it's LLMs like ChatGPT. I just read an article about how site maintainers can now add entries to robots.txt to keep these off web sites, just like search engines.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
(08-12-2023, 09:50 PM)TerryRitchie Wrote:
(08-12-2023, 09:14 PM)Kernelpanic Wrote: Hasn't anyone noticed that: up to 100 or more guests in the forum? That is very well! But what happened all of a sudden, otherwise it there were so 10/15?

It's the AI LLMs doing their thing, slurping up the forum discussions and code for their eventual SkyNet take over.

But seriously, I believe it's LLMs like ChatGPT. I just read an article about how site maintainers can now add entries to robots.txt to keep these off web sites, just like search engines.
Yes, the question is, what is real now and what isn't? Difficult. I recommend the forum where I think it fits. For example, at the cost free PDF Creator, because he asks to recommend it to others. Then bots show up, yes, that can be.
That is nothing. I just stopped being part of a forum that constantly had 300 to 500 guests. :O

It had ten people signing up everyday or so it seems.

The text now says "124 users online today at 3:54PM". Baloney!
(08-12-2023, 10:21 PM)mnrvovrfc Wrote: That is nothing. I just stopped being part of a forum that constantly had 300 to 500 guests. :O

It had ten people signing up everyday or so it seems.

The text now says "124 users online today at 3:54PM". Baloney!
If you click on who's online:

https://qb64phoenix.com/forum/online.php

You'll see that most of these "guests" are scanning the same post. Pretty sure that's bot ( specifically LLM ) activity.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial