Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
InForm-PE
(06-29-2023, 01:34 PM)bplus Wrote: @a740g what are the chances of returning the current status of a text box in the .text property (VB term for the .item in Type array or UDT) ? OK you might have to keep the old Text() thing for compatibles but yuck!

Honestly, I dunno if I am going to add any new features considering the limited time I get with this thing. I created the fork just to port over InForm to QB64-PE, get rid of falcon.h and use the new _U* function family. So, currently I am just going to do the occasional bug fixes.

If I do get some time in the future, I'll attempt implementing .text for widgets that use strings titles / captions etc. (which I think is all of them).

Oh. And I do understand how you feel about Text(). Seriously yuck!  Big Grin
I'm on Zorin OS, which is based on Ubuntu, and the form preview window doesn't stick to the side of the InForm Designer window. Is that expected behavior?
Also, the dialog for whether or not to save the form is a little wonky (in my opinion). (but I now know that this is just how a "yesnocancel" box looks in QB64PE Linux)

as opposed to Windows:

Are we still using tinydialog for the backend or is this something else?

With Zenity, you can do three buttons:

P.S.

Thank you for keeping the project going.
Tread on those who tread on you

(10-04-2023, 03:42 PM)SpriggsySpriggs Wrote: I'm on Zorin OS, which is based on Ubuntu, and the form preview window doesn't stick to the side of the InForm Designer window. Is that expected behavior?
Also, the dialog for whether or not to save the form is a little wonky (in my opinion). (but I now know that this is just how a "yesnocancel" box looks in QB64PE Linux)

as opposed to Windows:

Are we still using tinydialog for the backend or is this something else?

With Zenity, you can do three buttons:

P.S.

Thank you for keeping the project going.
Yeah. The preview window does not stick to the designer on macOS and Linux. That's because the designer tries to use Windows only `_SCREENX` and `_SCREENY` to get the position of preview Window - _SCREENX - QB64 Phoenix Edition Wiki.

See:
https://github.com/a740g/InForm-PE/blob/....bas#L1404

We are still using tfd. The dialogs do look kinda sad on Zorin. I always thought tfd preferred Zenity by default. I guess I am wrong.

Thanks for reporting Zack. I'll look at the dialog stuff whenever I get some time.
Hey, no rush! They were just some things I saw and thought they were worth mentioning. Don't worry yourself over it. You're not being paid to do these things. I appreciate you looking into it, Sam.

P.S.
Chances are tfd is using Zenity but the way it formats the command is possibly the issue.

Question: How does InForm pull in fonts? I know the software says it can't always list system fonts but even when I define a font manually with the absolute path, it says it is invalid and won't use it. Do I need to use InForm's font functions to change font in the code rather than using the designer preview? On Zorin (Ubuntu). I don't know what's going on. I recompiled InForm and now it does find Liberation.ttf on its own and is not defaulting to the built-in VGA font and it is letting me define a font. I am beyond confused.

P.S.
Thank you for including BIN2INCLUDE as an example. Pretty cool of you to do that.

Ah nice. We've put in some rudimentary logic to try some known places for fonts.

https://github.com/QB64-Phoenix-Edition/...t.cpp#L681

Quote:Thank you for including BIN2INCLUDE as an example. Pretty cool of you to do that.
No problem! If you are going to update BIN2INCLUDE, then I've would love to include the updated version as a part of InForm-PE. Smile
Photo 
So I got the master from GitHub and followed the instructions in the readme. I saw no error messages. However, when I try to run the editor I get a missing component error -

UiEditorPreview component not found or failed to load. 

(was a 4kb image but I'm not going to faff around uploading something that size to a 3rd party site!)

What have I done wrong?

Thanks.

TR
Sorry about that. You did nothing wrong.

Download the and use this link for now. I'll have everything sorted out by the end of this week.

https://github.com/a740g/InForm-PE/archi...489812.zip

I am currently in the process of refactoring a few things and re-writing the GIFPlayer extension from scratch (because the older one had a lot of issues). I guess I should create a use a dev branch.  Smile
Boy, that was quick  Smile . Compiled and working. One little thing, there were around half a dozen unused variables warnings for UiEditorPreview during compilation. Not a biggie as they shouldn't make a difference in how this works.

Thanks.

TR
Updated InForm-PE with the new GIFPlay library and few more goodies. See GIFPlay (qb64phoenix.com)

Links and everything in the first post.

@TarotRedhand I fixed the issue you were running into and have updated the GitHub repo. You can get the latest from there.