Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug in IDE v3.13.1
Two Bugs:

First:
In the IDE create the line:   Goto ThisLabel.undefined

If the above label is in your program - great...everything works.

If the above label is missing, the IDE reports the error:

Label 'ThisLabel__ASCII_CHR_046__undefined' not defined

So basically if you point to a missing label that has a period in it, it will replace the period with  __ASCII_CHR_046__
--------------------------------------

Second (this one existed before v3.13.1):
Press CtrlF
Enter a search term (without pressing ENTER)
While still in the search term entry field, either press the HOME key or left arrow so that you can have the cursor over existing text.
Press the DELETE key.  Sometimes it enters a SPACE and sometimes it just exits the search term entry field, but never does it delete the character.

Not biggies...just reporting when I find them.
Where is there a mistake? When programming you have to stick to the grammar of the language in question.

I've never read that a jump target a la Goto can contain a point ; GoTo is also still available in C, or was. If I want, I can always find mistakes, no matter how confused they are.

This is not a mistake in the language!
(05-19-2024, 09:43 PM)Kernelpanic Wrote: I've never read that a jump target a la Goto can contain a point ...
A jump target a la GOTO can contain a  point with no problem.   You heard it here first!   Big Grin

Code: (Select All)
0:
Input "Enter a num =>"; num
On num GOTO 1, 2.2, 3

1:
Print 1
GoTo 0

2.2:
Print 2.2
GoTo 0

3:
Print 3
End

The issue with the "__ASCII_CHR_046__" is just you getting an error report back from the translated name of your variable. Sure, you might call it LABEL.FOO.2, but c doesn't like those dots so much, so it gets translated to become LABEL__ASCII_CHR_046__FOO__ASCII_CHR_046__2 before the c-compiler goes and does its thing.

It's a glitch, sure enough, though it's definitely not a high priority one to deal with, as it doesn't affect anything except the visible error report the IDE gives you. Smile
That's right, it also works with a dot. I looked again in all the books, including the manual, and at best the underscore "_" is mentioned. - Good, learned something. Criticism back!  Blush

Code: (Select All)

'GoTo-Sprungmarke kann auch einen Punkt enthalten - 20. Mai 2024

Option _Explicit

Dim As Integer zahl
Const MagischeZahl = 13

START.PUNKT:
Input "Magische Zahl raten: ", zahl

If zahl <> MagischeZahl Then
  Print: Print "Keine magische Zahl!"
Else
  Beep: Print
  Print "Richtig geraten!"
  End
End If
Print
GoTo START.PUNKT

End

The error message complains about the missing point, without which there is the usual error message "not defind".